Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Monte Carlo: from half-ass to whole-ass

1. Back To Top    #261

Re: 2005 Monte Carlo: from half-ass to whole-ass

Quote Originally Posted by ben54b View Post
    Impressive no holds barred build. Are the tens in the floor the only subs, or are they just midrange.
    Well they are definitely not midrange. I regularly use them both as midbass and as front subs. Not surprisingly, they prefer sub duty to the former, but can wear either mask effectively when mated with the proper mid.

They may be for sale soon, if any are interested.

2. Back To Top    #262

Sorry midbass.
    I would be interested if they dig deep enough in a small enough box. However postage to oz could be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #263

holy shittle balls.............i think it would rip my face off.

WITH AWESOMENESS!

4. Back To Top    #264

Sure is a nice day for some spring cleaning!

5. Back To Top    #265

6. Back To Top    #266
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #267

I gotta ask. How is the grey cat? Car exceeds anything I would ever do. Keep it up.

8. Back To Top    #268
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Link no worky for me.

9. Back To Top    #269
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Oh definitely that would be intense I know at least in Clay's car that'd rip your head clean off. I must try it. LOL

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

10. Back To Top    #270

Welp. Time flies, doesn't it?

I hadn't planned to go AWOL, but life has a funny way of intervening and before you know it, the years pass you by and you're nearly 30! Anyone else hear Pink Floyd's Time echoing somewhere in the distance?

Anyways. Sorry to say I haven't come to revive the build log, but rather the opposite: the time has come to lay the old Monte build to rest in peace; but first, some closure for those of you who have stuck with us throughout our 10-year(!!) journey across the tumultuous Essque-istan.

Shortly after my last update, I achieved what I had previously thought to be impossible: audio nirvana. It only came to me once I removed the competition goggles and listened to my heart by way of my ears. Not the perfect tune; my perfect tune, the particular flavor of sound I realized I'd been chasing for years. It wasn't all smooth sailing, but the inevitable flaws were pebbles in the road rather than potholes. Since going that route, it was almost as if the car, satisfied with the lesson it had finally taught me, gift-wrapped the tune and handed it to me. The same gear I'd been using for years seemed to finally gel together harmoniously in ways it hadn't before. The urge to scratch that rebuild itch has been blissfully absent ever since.

Though my crafstmanship leaves much to be desired, I learned a lot of valuable lessons jumping from rebuild to rebuild. I spent years building in spite of the violently reflective nature of the car, when I should have been building to it. Hopefully the photo will explain the rest, because in the years I've had this setup, it's the only one I took! There's more - much more - than the diminutive little Scans hiding in here...

03272020 (2) by Allyson Strakele, on Flickr

Infinite thanks to Todd, Erin, Jason, and others for crafting some truly spectacular sounding cars and contributing a piece or two of the puzzle I never knew I was after all these years.

Oh, and this isn't goodbye. This is simply a segue, from the end of one journey, towards the beginning of another...

03272020 (1) by Allyson Strakele, on Flickr

Cheers, y'all!