Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

I'm thinking that I have one build left in me ... So I'm gonna try my best to make it a good one !!!
    Not just an Audio / Video system ... But a full bumper to bumper Vehicle restoration and Audiophile system build ...
    I'm projecting somewhere along the lines of a 2 year buld ... So who knows where this one takes us !!!

We pulled her out of the woods towards the end of the summer last year and got her running ... So I guess we will start the pics and descriptions from there and move on as we go ...

This is my Ride ... A 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan
    All origional !!!

Team Linear Power / Hyper Lights ... 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Re: Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Most of you know me from this ride ... White Lightning ... A 1997 Chevy Silverado GMT400 1500 Series Extended Cab

This truck has been officially retired from Sound Quality competition and will be set up as a Tow-Pig for the 1949 Ford ...
    We had alot of fun with this truck ... but it's now time to move on ...

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

OK ... Back to the Car
    Under the hood ... this is what we started out with ...

First thing is to get the old girl updated to a 12 volt charging system ...
    We added a new Alternator (somewhere along the lines of 140 to 200 amp) and upgraded all of the wiring ...

For the power and grounds, I used 2ga Welding cable ...
    Started out with the Big 3 setup and went from there ... All major grounds are within 18 inches in length (normal length of a battery) ...
    EVERY Ground goes directly to Frame ...

Now within the next couple of weeks, The battery will be relocated in the trunk with a twin (2 batteries) running the entire system including the car ...

Note: We used a Voltage Step-Down resistor (voltage reducer) block to actually keep the engine running on a 6 volt system ...
    No need to change any of that at the moment ...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Had a small problem with the fuel Lines ... Se we had to jump in and make some repairs ...

There was no gas tank so we had to find something that would wowrk until we get into the trunk design part of the build ...
    The Mississippi Street Rod Association hooked me up with this cool 5 gallon gas tank !!!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

just some pics of getting her gutted out to see what we have to work with ...

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

You've got a pretty sweet blank canvas there. I am definitely interested to see what you do with her.

7. Back To Top    #7

Pulling a beautiful old vehicle out of the woods to give her a full restoration (and audio!) is my dream. Even if it is a Ford

Will be living vicariously thru this build starting now.

8. Back To Top    #8

Best to you bud on this build, will be following this closely and looking forward to the progress you'll make. Would this happen to be your Dad's or in the family?

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    Would this happen to be your Dad's or in the family?
    This one is mine ...
    Here is a pic of my dad's ...

He's much further on the body work since this pic was taken ...

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    You've got a pretty sweet blank canvas there. I am definitely interested to see what you do with her.
    Thank you Sir ... And I agree !!! This is going to be a fun stage and image build !!!
    The interior metal work is actually in much better shape than the picures show ... Some rusty places need to be cut out and be replaces with good metal. We will get to it as soon as we can ... I'm just trying to get everything gutted out and cleaned up so we can see what is going on with this ride !! So far, we are in good shape ...
    We got the floor boards cleaned up so we can get some deadner in there and see about making enclosures for the kick pannels while we work on everything else ... From the looks ther should be PLENTY of room to fit one 10 in each kick pannel area in their own pored and tuned enclsures !!!

Quote Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
    Pulling a beautiful old vehicle out of the woods to give her a full restoration (and audio!) is my dream. Even if it is a Ford

Will be living vicariously thru this build starting now.
    Thank you Sir ... I've always been a Chevy Truck guy personally ... But I just couldn't resist this beautiful car ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
    Best to you bud on this build, will be following this closely and looking forward to the progress you'll make. Would this happen to be your Dad's or in the family?
    Thank you Sir ... and well, let me explain this a little better ...
    To date, My dad has restored 6 of these cars (I worked on most of them as a kid) ... He has 2 left, the one he is working on now and this Black one.
    It was bought about 12 years ago to be restored and for the most part, work has been done to it, but put aside SEVERAL times for other vehicles ...
    He plans to restore the Blue one, but has no intrest in selling the Black one. So, he gave it to me so it would stay in the Family.
    Over the years the car has been cranked up and moved around in the yard and has been driven up and down the road a few times, but for the most part, sits under the old tree in dad's back yard just waiting for someone to give it some TLC ...
    We've taken a hot battery and a jug of gas out into the field and cranked up his old cars for years !!! Now all of them are gone (primarily cause of his bad health) except the two 49 sedans ... I'm sure down the road that I will end up with both of them but I am definately not wanting to push that issue !!! He wants to see them completly fixed up and restored before he dies (his words) ... But I have plans to customize mine. Just to see how it turns out ...
    Last edited by cablguy184; 03-05-2014 at 09:09 AM.