Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Charger - Veronica

1. Back To Top    #291

Re: 2012 Charger - Veronica

Really nice build. Super impressed with that arduino setup. It looks like there are an almost endless list of things you could do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #292
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Quote Originally Posted by ben54b View Post
    Really nice build. Super impressed with that arduino setup. It looks like there are an almost endless list of things you could do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. it is quite capable. I have a few other codes deciphered like which track is playing and stuff like that, but I just don't know what to do with it yet

I had thought about detecting when the car is in gear or when the speed is above X mph and autochanging to a different preset, effectively giving it a road boost or whatever that feature is called in some factory setups. Maybe down the line sometime
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

3. Back To Top    #293
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post
    Thanks. it is quite capable. I have a few other codes deciphered like which track is playing and stuff like that, but I just don't know what to do with it yet

I had thought about detecting when the car is in gear or when the speed is above X mph and autochanging to a different preset, effectively giving it a road boost or whatever that feature is called in some factory setups. Maybe down the line sometime
    If you sound deadened properly, you wouldn't need it

4. Back To Top    #294
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

I wish
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

5. Back To Top    #295

Quote Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post

That would be cool. I know most of my critical listening is done at the speed limit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #296

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    If you sound deadened properly, you wouldn't need it
    It's not the not needing it....it's the ability to do it....now that's cool

7. Back To Top    #297
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Finally hooked everything up and I have sound again, just in time for the gtg this weekend. It's been a loooong time with out music. Didn't realize how much I've missed it
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

8. Back To Top    #298
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

I had a few issues with the canbus setup that needed sorting out and still have a couple more to resolve. But, the week before college station I decided to try a few new tunes just for experimenting purposes. The first two were primarily crossover based and sounded horrible lol. The third though was the charm. I started over with the eq completely after not getting any benefits from the previous TA settings, and the car came alive. More focused than it ever has and just overall sounded better.

So, I decided to roll with it for CS and see how she did. 3rd in iasca and 13th in money round (last year I was 25th ). Very happy with the car to say the least and got some excellent feedback from those that demoed it.

I have a couple experiments I want to try, but for the most part I'm going to roll with it til after finals. I REALLY need to keep working on the trunk and get that settled, but if the experiments go well there will be changes for next season for sure
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

9. Back To Top    #299
    Real Name
    Jon/Jonnie
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt

nice to see your hard work starting to pay off.

10. Back To Top    #300
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Last couple of days I've been experimenting. I have a pair of scan 18wu's that have been sitting on the shelf for over a year that I've never used so I put them in the kicks.

There are two reasons for this. The first was I wanted to test the viability of a two way setup in the car. The zr800 is purely a midbass driver and doesn't handle over 500hz well at all, where the scan will do 1k fairly easily. The second was to see about raising the xo to the midrange an relieve some strain the scan 10f's which are currently playing down to 300hz.

So my first test was to crank the xo to 1500, eq as needed, and take a listen. Well, that sounded horrible. It appears I have some kind of midrange resonance that I can feel quite obviously in the floor. The stage was a bit whacked as well. In some further listening the whackiness I attribute to the location of the right midbass which really is too far inboard. So as the driver played higher frequencies, it shifted the stage more to the left, basically collapsing the right stage. Not good, but otherwise it was ok.

So with that in mind I slowly kept lowering the xo, redoing TA as needed, and kept listening. Overall it still sounds best where I started, but I could probably do 500hz without too much degradation.

I think a two way is possible but it would take some work to get the resonance taken car of and I'm still not convinced it would be better than my current three way. I think the dash might be too much to overcome for a good two way, but I might again at some future point. I highly doubt I'd use the 18wu's in a two way as they don't quite reach high enough IMO (although some home setups use them in that config), but it was easy enough to make an adapter and throw them in.

On a side note, the scans as a pure midbass are awesome. They seem to have a little more snap to them over the ZR, but considering the cost, they better have something better
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com