1. Back To Top    #281
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Re: 2012 Charger - Veronica

Amps installed on base, with some prewiring done:

Making sure the LEDs still work:

Amp rack in place with power and speaker wires run. Need to tidy it up of course and get the rca's connected as well as the distro blocks connected to the battery.

The wiring blocks will be behind plexi, which is why they were covered in black vinyl while the rest of the sub enclosure won't be seen.

Today I spent about 3 hours digging into the canbus system again. I needed to integrate the HU on/off with turning the whole system on and off. Deciphering the signals reminds me a bit of trying to read the matrix at times. Lots of number codes flying by while you slowly filter things out. Several times I thought I had it only to cycle the on/off several times and watch the expected code.... change... sigh. To make things worse, turning the HU on and off signals about 8 or so commands across the bus and some were always there while others weren't and they weren't always in the same repeatable order as other signals may get intermixed in there as well.

So after digging through it for a while I found repeatable patterns and eventually got the root trigging commands. The interesting thing is having the HU in off actually sends the off signal once every 4 seconds or so. But turning it on only signals once and the signal actually is slightly different as it tells you which source is on, being the iPod, Disc, Radio, etc. I found that out by accident as I was only testing initially with one source and just happened to change it and noticed my signal was no longer coming through. Good thing too because I would be really upset the day I switch to the radio and nothing happened

Anyway, the code is written to do the switching, now I just need to implement the actual electronics of it. I'm also going to put in a delay between the rane and amps just in case. I haven't had any turn on/off thumps yet, but better safe than sorry. It's all done in code so it is easy to change the delay if needed down the road.
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

2. Back To Top    #282
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Nice. I need to figure out a similar idea to get rid of my turn on/off thump. But that can wait until after the GTG.
    Thanks again for the help on my project.

Jay

3. Back To Top    #283

hummina,hummina,hummina, thatsa nice!

4. Back To Top    #284

5. Back To Top    #285
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Couple more updates.

Wiring harness for the Rane. When Todd built the power supply he cleverly used the existing plug. So it has positive, negative and remote turn on leads in the 110v plug. The second connection is the volume signal, which is generated by the arduino.

After some work and a little swearing, the arduino is in its new home. This pic shows the added relay shield which siting on top of the canbus shield. It has four relays (pretty obvious) that control on/off for the rane, amps and LEDs. The 4th relay controls mute. This was needed because the RC filter for the volume control never really goes to 0 volts, so the rane always 'sees' a volume command come in, even when the head unit says 0. The arduino was recoded to see this 0 and trigger the relay to kill the signal to the rane, giving me a mute.

It is a tight fit in the little enclosure and honestly I used wire that was much thicker than necessary (namely the blue ones), so that didn't help. but, I have a lot of it on hand so I used it anyway. The silver techflex wire coming in from the left is the canbus signal from the car and connects to the canbus shield. Blue wires are all positive/turn on leads. Top right corner you can see a small black wire that snakes around to the side. This is the volume signal coming from the mute relay.

Should be in the car today so I can tie up loose ends and have music to the GTG this weekend
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

6. Back To Top    #286

that looks really nice

7. Back To Top    #287
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

Started doing some testing last night.

Power connection: check

LED turn on: check

Relays for mute, rane and amp turn on engaged: check

Mute relay disengaged: check

Tonight I'll verify the mute is working as intended through the Rane interface, then gets the amps powered up and hopefully have music again
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

8. Back To Top    #288

9. Back To Top    #289

10. Back To Top    #290
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

I bet Mac's Audio could sell some of those Arduino setups. Well, at least one. Nice work!