Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

1. Back To Top    #661
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Vehicle
    2004 Monte Carlo, 2003 F150 Harley Davidson Edition

Re: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

My feelings are almost hurt that you didn't let me know you were in town as I too am a BMXer from way back and live in Nashville.

2. Back To Top    #662

That's alright Kelly, we'll go race in Jackson and not invite Erin.

3. Back To Top    #663
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    A "revelation" I had this weekend that I wanted to share with you guys.

For the past few months me and some old BMX friends have been talking about meeting up and hanging out sometime. Guys I haven't seen in 5-8 years (some live nearby, some live in NY/Chicago/Boston). Life just kind of took over... jobs, family, you know. We finally made a meet up happen this past weekend in Nashville. We met up at the metro skatepark to ride and hang out and shoot the bull. I haven't ridden in about 6 years and was a bit apprehensive, and was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do anything. Within a couple hours I was doing some of the same old tricks I could do back then. Rather than just being happy with a simple 180 up a set of stairs, I kept pushing myself to do more while I was riding. By the end of the night I was doing stuff I didn't think I could do anymore.

It hit me on the way back home that I approach car audio like I do/did BMX. And that is why my car is never 'done'. With car audio, like BMX, I don't do it to be better than anyone else. I just want to push my own envelope and progress. It doesn't matter if that progression gets me a podium win or not. My end goal isn't to win a trophy or get magazine coverage: it's to one-up myself. It took me 6 years to realize that and I realized it this weekend. Car audio really is just another outlet for me to evolve, learn, and share with good friends. It's really that simple.

How's the back?

4. Back To Top    #664

Actually, fine. I was worried about how it would do but it's fine.

Skatepark riding isn't nearly as abusive on the body as street riding is, though.

5. Back To Top    #665
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

After my "incident" in late 2014 I've just been terrified to push it.. Been rolling around a bit but still can't muster the courage to get back out on the trails.

6. Back To Top    #666

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    After my "incident" in late 2014 I've just been terrified to push it.. Been rolling around a bit but still can't muster the courage to get back out on the trails.
    I know that feeling! Three broken ribs Feb. 2015. Haven't touched the bike since.

7. Back To Top    #667
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    What occurred ?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

8. Back To Top    #668
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Paralyzed myself from the waist down on the left side. Recovered most of the way, the muscles on the front of my left leg (you have no idea there are that many there) atrophy really fast now if I do not use them ALL OF THE TIME (like winter.)

I have drop-foot on the left side, I have to think about picking it up when I walk, if I get lazy I just walk different and throw my leg to naturally let it flip up. I have just a bit more strength than I need to pick my left foot up (think rocking it up like a gas pedal) and that is all. I really need to work on getting at least some of that strength back. I have these rubber bands I'm supposed to be working with

9. Back To Top    #669
    Real Name
    Rich

Damn.

How did it happen? What/where were you riding?

10. Back To Top    #670

Quote Originally Posted by Salami View Post
    Damn.

How did it happen? What/where were you riding?
    A Rhino... As usual

Kelvin