Thread: Tuning on Helix DSP 3S

1. Back To Top    #1

Tuning on Helix DSP 3S

Hi all,

is there any basic or standard tuning for high, mid and Low? Trying to figures out but is either my high is too high and covered my Low.

Tweeter
    HPF-5kHz (Slope-6dB)
    LPF-18kHz (Slope-6dB)
    Butterworth

Mid
    HPF-500Hz (Slope-6dB)
    LPF-5kHz (Slope-6dB)
    Butterworth

Bass Mid
    HPF-80Hz (Slope-6dB)
    LPF-150Hz (Slope-6dB)

Subwoofer
    HPF-20Hz (Slope-6dB)
    LPF-80Hz (Slope-6dB)

hope any senior can advise on how to maximise or where should I look out for

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tuning on Helix DSP 3S

You don’t need a low pass on the tweeter! And why the gap between midbass and mid?

ypu also don’t want to be using 6db slopes in a car, god awful with reflections coming to play! And also awful for protecting drivers

24db is great for squeezing crossovers between reflections and there phase issues

as a basic guide Google the ‘audiofrog tuning guide’ as it seems currently you need a lot of help!!

and don’t play your drivers so much with those settings! Your risking damage and also 6db slopes are awful for phase matching… the more I read the more I am wondering if this is some kind of troll post or if you can really get it that wrong for a start?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Re: Tuning on Helix DSP 3S

Here is something a i stole a while back that may help provide a visual representation of typical 3 Way dispersion and beaming
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	typical 3 Way Dispersion and Beaming.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	17978