Thread: CDT Audio speakers, are they any good?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

CDT Audio speakers, are they any good?

I was going to put these in my truck, check out my post "Help pick out my system" I've only seen a couple of videos on Youtube on them and they seem to be pretty good from all the things I've read but I have no knowledge about them at all.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CDT Audio speakers, are they any good?

I've used CDT in the past with good results. I highly suggest checking out their "Buy Refurbished" link on the bottom left side of their homepage. I used it to put together a really nice 3-way front stage in my last car at a substantial discount. The condition of the speakers were all perfect and they performed flawlessly. Additionally, CDT customer service was always responsive and helpful. Are you going 2-way front stage or 3-way?

3. Back To Top    #3

OK, I checked out your "Help pick my system" thread. I was going to suggest ditching the coaxials entirely, but on a 2006 model, you likely need to replace those, anyway. That's a pretty good price for that kit, and I'm not sure you can even beat it on CDT's refurbished site. I've used the HD-6 mid-woofer before. It's good (not great), but I used it initially as a midbass in a 3-way system. I like the ES-06 much better, but it might not be as good as the HD-6 for actual midrange duties. Haven't used that particular CDT tweeter, but I've liked every silk-dome model I've tried from them.

On configuration, I generally like to just power my rear speakers from the deck and save amplification for the front stage and subs. That way you retain fader control but better utilize amplification for where it matters. Best of luck!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Thanks for the input. I'll just buy new most likely unless i can get a really good deal on the ES stuff since that's one of there top of the line models. I'm going with 2 way since I really don't have the time for fabrication for a three way. Also I wouldn't know where to locate the middle speaker of the three way to get good sound from it since I have no experience using that type of configuration. I think those are the best I can get for $300, unless anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to them.