Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Spring NC Meet - 26 April 2014 - near Greensboro, NC

Real Name
    Jason

2014 Spring NC Meet - 26 April 2014 - near Greensboro, NC

Making sure this event is posted here........and you all can dump your pics on this thread after the meet. Except for Al.......no more geezer references

I want to mention that we will be offering a short but informative tuning seminar during the meet.

We will also have some reference headphones set up for folks to get a listen to. If you have a set of headphones that you want to bring - feel free.

Where:
    At my house near Greensboro - PM for the address - I am not going to post it here.

When:
    Saturday, 26 April 2014 - 9:00am - 9:00pm

Food:
    Probably snack items for lunch - BBQ for late lunch / early dinner like we did last Fall

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids (unless they are rowdy - thinking the kids from Raising Arizona......'FART')
    Your vehicle with or without anything setup/tuned
    Favorite Music on discs
    Camera
    Lawn chair if you want it
    Openness to learn, ask questions, take constructive critisim and humbly give advice/criticism

2. Back To Top    #161

Re: 2014 Spring NC Meet - 26 April 2014 - near Greensboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Afghan Vet View Post
    There was a certain socket wrench that has evidence of some minor 'fixing'.........and.......only the best for my guests
    lol. there were some choice words used by a few people in the vicinity as well as the person holding said ratchet at that point, iirc.

3. Back To Top    #162
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by silkyslim View Post
    I got to demo Jason's car great improvement. I think it was just a tuning change but O really liked it the drivers really disappeared. It had more warmth and presence. I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! You were hearing a couple things that changed since the January meet.

I started over on the tune, and you are exactly right - the tune is more integrated - greater synergy between the drivers.

The other difference is the tweets are much closer to being on axis. I hear much greater detail in the highs and a bit more width to the soundstage. I appreciate your feedback.

4. Back To Top    #163
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by silkyslim View Post
    I got to demo Jason's car great improvement. I think it was just a tuning change but O really liked it the drivers really disappeared. It had more warmth and presence. I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! You were hearing a couple things that changed since the January meet.

I started over on the tune, and you are exactly right - the tune is more integrated - greater synergy between the drivers.

The other difference is the tweets are much closer to being on axis. I hear much greater detail in the highs and a bit more width to the soundstage. I appreciate your feedback.

5. Back To Top    #164

I had a great time as usual. These NC meets seem to get better every time - as do the cars. I got to demo more cars than usual since mine wasn't there which was cool. It was awesome getting to meet some people I haven't seen before and catch up with the usual crew.

A couple of you asked about getting a copy of my demo disc - PM me if you want the track list!

6. Back To Top    #165
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Meh... it was an alright meet.

Always great to see my fellow audio junkies again, and Jason... you outdo yourself each time. So awesome that you offered up your place. If we have this kind of turnout again, might have to move back to the park

7. Back To Top    #166

House > park like X1000

8. Back To Top    #167

Finally a chance to reply...

First off, I have to thank Jason and his wife, Vicki (hope I spelled that correctly) for being such great hosts and opening up their home and reputation with their neighbors to allow a bunch of oddball hobbyists a place to meet and share their passion. You two went out of your way to accommodate us and for that I am truly grateful. I know what it's like to host a meet like this and understand the strain it can create sometimes for the week leading up to the event. So, again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have this shindig at your place.

Out of all the meets I've been to over the years, including the ones I've hosted, this is one of the best times I've had. It was a pleasure finally getting to put faces with names and enjoying conversation with all you guys; from the newcomers on up to the veterans. So much to be learned and shared about our hobby with such an eclectic group. I only wish I lived closer to attend more of these meets. Luckily, the drive isn't too bad so I'll definitely do my best to make them when I can.

Al and Glenn, thank you for providing all the stickers and swag. I snatched up a couple myself. I was really happy that you both were able to make it. We need to get together more often, Al.

Car wise, it was cool to see how different people's takes on things are but how in many ways we all have similar tastes. I think it goes to show that, while music playback is subjective, there are a lot of common goals we shoot for with our tunes.

I didn't get to listen to as many cars as I had wanted to hear but that's the nature of the beast when you have 30+ people attending.
    I was really impressed with the ones I did hear and I appreciated the opportunity to provide feedback where desired and even help some folks out with their tune. Hopefully the feedback or changes made were beneficial. If they weren't, you're a poopy head!

Clay and Ally; you both have very similar tastes as me in regards to tonal response and the "no holds barred" impact. So, obviously I gravitated toward your tunes naturally. Clay, your system definitely would have been interesting to see in the midbass contest you planned on having. LOL. Ally, the focus in your car was excellent and the impact was very nice. Any comments/feedback I have otherwise, we've already discussed. Keep up what you're doing and I really look forward to hearing them again in the future.

Jason, as always, your system is just a system that sets the mood to chill with. It has always had that laid-back appeal that, while not un-aggressive, just really has a very subdued energy to it and I really think it reflects your personality as well; just a welcoming and cool tune that you could snuggle up with. Wait... snuggle?! Uhhhhmmm, next topic!!!!

Glenn, I know I didn't spend a lot of time in your ride but being my first time to hear it, it lived up to expectations. Very nice tonal balance. Just cool to listen to. Really love the install. It's just really clean. Not flashy, but not super stealthy. A perfect balance to show off the gear without attracting attention to itself, much like the tune itself. Looking forward to hearing the next iteration, for sure!

To anyone who demo'd mine, thanks. It's refreshing to get new input and have a chance to share my music with folks who enjoy it. So, thanks for giving me the chance to rock out with you for a few.

Steve and Kendal, it was great to finally meet you two fellas in person. You guys are a trip and great dudes. Mike and Howard, as always, brothers, I was stoked to hang out with you. I wish you could have stayed longer. The new guys I met (everyone not already named), it was great. I'd like to make a list of you all but man, that would take forever! Suffice it to say, each of you left a mark and now when I see your posts here, it'll stick even more now that I have had a chance to talk to you. All of you folks are first class. I hope you all keep the common bind and continue to have these meets that keep you up to date with each other and learning. There's a whole lot of potentially killer systems that I absolutely want to hear next time I get the chance!

That's all the time I have for now.

I want to thank Jason one more time for putting this on. I really, REALLY enjoyed the trip and look forward to hopefully attending the next one.

- Erin

9. Back To Top    #168
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

I had a GREAT time again hanging out with and meeting all of you. These meets help to keep my sanity.

Jason, your car is incredible. I have heard almost all of the iterations and tunes you have gone through and you continue to raise the bar for what a great system sounds like. The install looks great too thanks to the #Doctor. Thanks to you and Vicki for hosting at your beautiful home. I really wish we lived closer to each other.

Glenn it was good to see and hang out with you again as well. I'm ready to hear the Scion again after you've installed the new HU and processor. The install still looks amazing and draws a huge crowd. Mission accomplished.

Erin it was fun to finally meet you after having read your posts and followed your build log(s) over the past 5 or 6 years. Your car was a lot of fun to listen to. I think everyone was surprised at how loud I wanted to listen to it. I mean have they not read my screen name?

Ally your car is still awesome. I liked it a lot and grinned when I saw you get the ear muffs out. lol The fireworks were a really cool effect. Thanks for the demo.

Steve dammit I'm ready to hear your ride.

Big Al good to see you brother. Thanks for making the drive again.

Jeremy thanks for the ride man. Everyone else it was great seeing and meeting all of you.

Until next time ya'll be cool.

10. Back To Top    #169

You kept pointing your thumb up... and I was happy to oblige. You are probably the only person who's gone over "30" on the volume knob in my car. I got out of the car shaking. LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW, to those of you on facebook, I started up a group for the AL & NC GTG folks to have one place to chat. I'm keeping admission limited simply because there are about a billion other SQ facebook groups with everyone else on them and I don't need another one. No offense to the others.... I'm just trying to keep this one to the core group of folks that make these particular GTGs. This way all of us folks who regularly tag up can also regularly discuss our updates/changes and ask questions within the group.

If you made it to this meet and you're already 'friends' with me on FB, you should have an invite. If I missed you, lmk. To anyone else, send me a friend request (Erin Hardison) and I'll add you to the group as well.

wacka, wacka, wacka!

11. Back To Top    #170
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Thanks for the invite but I am not and never will be on FB.