Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: subs sound quieter?

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: subs sound quieter?

Quote Originally Posted by arena314 View Post
    the only thing about polyfill is it seems to me like some say its a waste of time and some swear it makes a difference in my situation
    It's cheap enough to try. If you don't like the results, pull it out and make yourself a nice pillow

2. Back To Top    #22

How does it sound with one sub disconnected?

...and can you visually see if the subs are doing a lot of excursion?

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    2016 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by arena314 View Post
    I swapped positive and negatives around they are definitely in phase. I swapped the rca's around and Nothing changed. Its all right.
    Hopefully I’ve read this right and what I’m saying is right 😂 but if the subs are wired in parallel then changing the RCA’s around or the positive and negative connections to the amp won’t affect the phase of the subs relative to each other...?

4. Back To Top    #24

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
    Hopefully I’ve read this right and what I’m saying is right  but if the subs are wired in parallel then changing the RCA’s around or the positive and negative connections to the amp won’t affect the phase of the subs relative to each other...?
    Unplugging one of the RCAs was my suggestion, but I tend do things by halves.

if one sub was 180'and the other zero, then swapping RCAs would not seem to accomplish a lot. One or the other, of the subs, needs to be retired if they are out of phase.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    2016 WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    Unplugging one of the RCAs was my suggestion, but I tend do things by halves.

if one sub was 180'and the other zero, then swapping RCAs would not seem to accomplish a lot. One or the other, of the subs, needs to be retired if they are out of phase.
    Sorry man I don't know if I 100% understand you. I am assuming here that the subs are in parallel for the sake of amplifier load; and that the 'phase issue' that is being spoken about is between the two subs...sorry if I'm reading this wrong...

If you took a sub out that would obviously change amp load - it would definitely fix the out of phase subs - but create another problem. My thought was to change the wiring of ONE of the subs to the other...

However I just thought about it a bit more right now and realised that I think I'm talking complete bullshit and that this comment is one of the stupidest things I have ever said related to car audio...whoops...

Sorry...for what it's worth I was trying to help! I can actually blame DIYMA this time though...for exposing me to a guy who is a psychopath and his pawns who introduce themselves to a conversation by abusing me for answering a comment that has been posed to me. Can't delete my account but I have removed all information and set all privacy to max. I have had a shitful of that place.

Apologies...pretty sure my comment is VERY wrong and from there it goes to a little bit of an off topic bitchy whinge...my bad.

6. Back To Top    #26

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buff View Post
    Sorry man I don't know if I 100% understand you. I am assuming here that the subs are in parallel for the sake of amplifier load; and that the 'phase issue' that is being spoken about is between the two subs...sorry if I'm reading this wrong...

If you took a sub out that would obviously change amp load - it would definitely fix the out of phase subs - but create another problem. My thought was to change the wiring of ONE of the subs to the other...

However I just thought about it a bit more right now and realised that I think I'm talking complete bullshit and that this comment is one of the stupidest things I have ever said related to car audio...whoops...

Sorry...for what it's worth I was trying to help! I can actually blame DIYMA this time though...for exposing me to a guy who is a psychopath and his pawns who introduce themselves to a conversation by abusing me for answering a comment that has been posed to me. Can't delete my account but I have removed all information and set all privacy to max. I have had a shitful of that place.

Apologies...pretty sure my comment is VERY wrong and from there it goes to a little bit of an off topic bitchy whinge...my bad.
    It is easier to just unplug one and hear what happens before diving into wiring... but I am a lazy man.