Re: Joe Biden ?

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    Don't think so
    I was wrong they didn't put down mines?

2. Back To Top    #272

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    I was wrong they didn't put down mines?
    Mines don't just keep people out. Wouldn't they keep people in also? Anyway mines aren't that hard to defeat nowadays. You don't have to destroy all of them.

Here's another question for you. Is it better to kill a combatant or wound him/her? Either way they are out of the fight. A wounded troop requires help from others and resources. Of course you go for the kill but wounding works to your advantage also. What happens if all the hospitals/medical facilities are overrun with wounded? Like I said, lots of reasons why should avoid war with NK and should be encouraging diplomacy

3. Back To Top    #273

Mines don't just keep people out. Wouldn't they keep people in also? Anyway mines aren't that hard to defeat nowadays. You don't have to destroy all of them.

Here's another question for you. Is it better to kill a combatant or wound him/her? Either way they are out of the fight. A wounded troop requires help from others and resources. Of course you go for the kill but wounding works to your advantage also. What happens if all the hospitals/medical facilities are overrun with wounded? Like I said, lots of reasons why should avoid war with NK and should be encouraging diplomacy
    As we've been attempting since '50 something. Not a fan of war myself.

Just sayin'. Kim is a pawn.

4. Back To Top    #274

Mines don't just keep people out. Wouldn't they keep people in also?
    Yeah, but not only that. In NK, if you defect, your family goes to labor camps. There are reasons very few fuck off. The few that do generally tell the same story.

5. Back To Top    #275

technology
    OK I'll give you that.
    then in the 50s...

from the wiki:
    "...but on 19 October 1950, Chinese forces of the People's Volunteer Army (PVA) crossed the Yalu and entered the war.[52] The surprise Chinese intervention triggered a retreat of UN forces back below the 38th Parallel by late December."

Is there certainly that an attack against The DPRK will not turn into a war with China?
    Then what are the choices?
    1) tail between legs and retreat?
    or...
    2) double down and brace for WWIII?

One has to play Chess enough moves ahead so as to not be check mated...

As I am not not a soldier, all I can do is look at history.

6. Back To Top    #276

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post

Is there certainly that an attack against The DPRK will not turn into a war with China?
    details

I think there would be something. China and Rus both are helping NK. For whatever reason.

Not an ideal proposition.

Must recall diplomat Rodman

7. Back To Top    #277

details

I think there would be something. China and Rus both are helping NK. For whatever reason.

Not an ideal proposition.

Must recall diplomat Rodman
    How would I know any details?
    This is why we have professional military to advise lawmakers.
    (I only read the wiki)

I assume that these war gamers work through the what ifs, and going toe to toe with China and Russia would make them take pause... and I am assuming that Kim has Russia and China on side?

i do not think it is great arm chair policy to think that war would be easy, and that sort of hubris has ended badly in the past in Asia... which is als well documented.

8. Back To Top    #278

Quote Originally Posted by Holmz View Post
    How would I know any details?
    This is why we have professional military to advise lawmakers.
    (I only read the wiki)

I assume that these war gamers work through the what ifs, and going toe to toe with China and Russia would make them take pause... and I am assuming that Kim has Russia and China on side?

i do not think it is great arm chair policy to think that war would be easy, and that sort of hubris has ended badly in the past in Asia... which is als well documented.
    Well-said my upside-down friend. Well-said.

9. Back To Top    #279
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

I would like to Thank All of You who played a part in this ( all players & Special Thanks to BigAl ! ).

10. Back To Top    #280
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

He's all bluff. But he has a shit-ton of ground troops. Poorly fed though. I'd suspect taking him and a few more out and the command structure would fall like dominos.
    So, you're suggesting that Trump has a foreign head of state assassinated? That would definitely get him kicked out of office...good plan