Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Apple Camera Kit 'accessory not supported'

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Apple Camera Kit 'accessory not supported'

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    Yes, got the D10S. Are you saying yes it will power from the CCK? Looking forward to hearing it now

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Yes that's the set-up and exactly how mine works. iPhone>cck3>topping d10>toslink>dsp.3. If you don't have a digital volume control you will have to use the iPhone's. Let me add this caveat though... I have apple music and amazon hd and only apple music will connect this way. Amazon hd will only play if the camera is open. Don't ask me why. You will connect via AirPlay so you have to select it or no output.

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Yes that's the set-up and exactly how mine works. iPhone>cck3>topping d10>toslink>dsp.3. If you don't have a digital volume control you will have to use the iPhone's. Let me add this caveat though... I have apple music and amazon hd and only apple music will connect this way. Amazon hd will only play if the camera is open. Don't ask me why. You will connect via AirPlay so you have to select it or no output.
    I mainly use Tidal, playing from the iPad OR via USB Audio Player Pro app on a Samsung S20 Android phone. The phone uses an Audioquest OTG to USB. As yet I can't seem to decide if the iPad or phone sounds better to me.

Luckily I have a Helix URC for volume control.

My plan is to use toslink from the Topping. Hopefully Tidal will work okay.

3. Back To Top    #13

The iPad is the only way to go with downloaded content... I use an iPhone XR 256gb and an iPad mini 5 256gb fully fitted now, the iPad is my primary source

funnily enough I use the urc.3 with a topping d10s via optical

4. Back To Top    #14

i also ended up aborting on the usb-hec and did the ck3->d10->spdif->dsp.

5. Back To Top    #15

So, I got my D10S today. I'm really pleased with it. The CCK3 charges the iPad and provides power to the Topping. I'm pretty sure it sounds better than the HEC USB card too. The sound seems slightly more open and spacious and the sub definitely seems tighter, punchier and better controlled.

6. Back To Top    #16

So, I got my D10S today. I'm really pleased with it. The CCK3 charges the iPad and provides power to the Topping. I'm pretty sure it sounds better than the HEC USB card too. The sound seems slightly more open and spacious and the sub definitely seems tighter, punchier and better controlled.

yup, that’s pretty much my thoughts also, and more detailed somehow, like treble got better but the freq response was identical...

7. Back To Top    #17

Guys since connecting the Topping I'm finding the iPad battery is rapidly discharging overnight. For example, it was at 100% when I got out the car last night, but had dropped to 19% when I got back in this morning. Anyone else find this happens?

8. Back To Top    #18

it's probably powering the dac as well. you may just want to power down the ipad when you're going to be away from your car longer.

my iphone wasn't enough to power the dac on its own, so when the cigarette lighter got powered down by the ignition-off, the d10 powered down as well.

9. Back To Top    #19

also under settings | battery, you should be able to see what's causing the drain.

10. Back To Top    #20

Guys since connecting the Topping I'm finding the iPad battery is rapidly discharging overnight. For example, it was at 100% when I got out the car last night, but had dropped to 19% when I got back in this morning. Anyone else find this happens?

the only time I get this is when I get the iPad mini doing updates from wifi overnight, but it isn’t typical so it doesn’t bother me, there have been some updates of late so I just let it do its thing, mostly it’s 10% down at most, but if I leave it doing downloads for tidal or as I say a software update it will take a hit in the battery department