Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

1. Back To Top    #161

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    I'm leaning towards screwing amp to the firewall, to be honest. I think I'd rather go that route than to completely destroy the carpet by putting epoxy or any other adhesive on it. Thoughts?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	8147
    If ^this^ is what you mean by "firewall" then, yes, ^that^ (the rear wall) would a great place to mount the amp.

2. Back To Top    #162

Firewall is what some call it. It's bench the bench seat under the back glass. My truck is a 3 door so 3rd door is on passenger side. Amp will go on driver side. I dont see how anything will bond to carpet either. It's just how ppl are doing it. I'm not crazy about trying or screwing to the firewall honestly. Since theres hardly any room back there, I might can just screw the amp on a piece of board and velcro it. Wonder the carpet would stick
    For future reference, the firewall is the portion of the cabin structure which separates the engine compartment from the passenger compartment.

3. Back To Top    #163

Firewall is what some call it. It's bench the bench seat under the back glass. My truck is a 3 door so 3rd door is on passenger side. Amp will go on driver side. I dont see how anything will bond to carpet either. It's just how ppl are doing it. I'm not crazy about trying or screwing to the firewall honestly. Since theres hardly any room back there, I might can just screw the amp on a piece of board and velcro it. Wonder the carpet would stick
    I didn't realize that was a thing. I hope you are mistaken. Seriously... only idiots have glued equipment to carpet, IMHO.

For a number of reasons, I would not recommend Velcro either.

4. Back To Top    #164
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Glue board to sheetmetal, then put carpet back and mount amp

5. Back To Top    #165
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

I agree with Sublimez. I would not screw through the back wall.
    Meh, it'll play.

6. Back To Top    #166

Agreed. The only way the seat is gonna move is if its unbolted from the floor and unhooked in the back. Then I could take the entire seat out of the truck. I noticed 2 bolts coming through the bottom of the floor. I'm gonna use 2 L brackets on those bolts along with a piece of 3/4 plywood to screw the amp too. I'll also have enough room on either bolt to have my amp ground. I'll send pics when I get to that point.

Before I put the seat back in, I will need to know what settings to set my LPF, HPF, GAIN and so forth

7. Back To Top    #167

So I know where to plug in my 2 RCA plugs in the amp but where do I plug in my 2 at the HU?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191212_155221.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	6.07 MB 
ID:	8149

8. Back To Top    #168
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

I would put them in r-l and r-r. This will give you some bass control via fader.

9. Back To Top    #169
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

With the RCAs in rear left & rear right you will be able to power door speakers ( fr or rear ) when you get to it and install a dedicated subwoofer amplifier !

10. Back To Top    #170

So with the RCAs in the RR and RL, I'm powering the door speakers? I dont want to do that. I dont want to power the doors speakers at all at this point. I want the amp to power the subs