Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Advice

1. Back To Top    #1

Some Advice

Hi Guys,

Am after some advice on anyone that has used the Hybrid audio speakers i have a set of the L65v2 in my car and am not really getting much mid bass from them i have tried inphase and out of phase nothing really that good my morel
    Ti elites had better mid bass kick.

The doors are fully sound deadened and have egg type foam on the rear to help push the sound back into the car. i was told to let them run in for a few weeks and i have done that and they are still not sounding all that good
    crossover settings are sub 60hz 18db, mids 65hz to 4k 18db, tweeters 4k 18db.

My system is:
    HU: Alpine 925R
    DSP: Helix DSP mini
    AMPS: JL HD 600/4 bridged 300 each side For the Mids - HAT L65v2
    JL HD 900/5 bridged 150 each side for the Tweeters - morel piccolo
    JL HD 750/1 Sub - JL 13TW5v2

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Some Advice

I just watched the video thanks, do you think the crossovers are a good ball point? i plan to bust out the mic and play about with REW.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by SQMax View Post
    I just watched the video thanks, do you think the crossovers are a good ball point? i plan to bust out the mic and play about with REW.
    I'm still very much a noob in all this. I'm sure qualified others will chime in.

5. Back To Top    #5

Why say you’ve watched the video then ask if crossovers seem good? The whole point of the video is about not playing midbass drivers to 65hz, you don’t need to, let the sub do the heavy lifting, they are 6” drivers so 80hz is about as low as you want them, higher if possible...

it’s also possible you have phase issues effecting the midbass drivers

what size were the morels out of interest?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    Why say you’ve watched the video then ask if crossovers seem good? The whole point of the video is about not playing midbass drivers to 65hz, you don’t need to, let the sub do the heavy lifting, they are 6” drivers so 80hz is about as low as you want them, higher if possible... ....
    I too found that question rather odd ...given the point of the video.

...also:

From the YT video comments:
    Q: Cheers. What do you set your crossovers at? 80 lp on sub and 80 hp on the mids?

A: In my personal vehicle the subwoofer filter is set to about 82hz/LR4. On the driver's side door midbass the filter is 92hz/LR8. On the passenger side it is 85hz/LR8.
    Last edited by Grinder; 09-16-2020 at 11:12 AM.

7. Back To Top    #7

apologies i should have made it clear that i was asking if the crossovers for the whole system was a good ball point for the tweeters and the mids, i will move the crossovers to 80hz for the sub and 80hz for the mids do you think i should let the mids play higher than 4k ?

the morel mids were 6.5''

8. Back To Top    #8

apologies i should have made it clear that i was asking if the crossovers for the whole system was a good ball point for the tweeters and the mids, i will move the crossovers to 80hz for the sub and 80hz for the mids do you think i should let the mids play higher than 4k ?

What tweeters are you using?

9. Back To Top    #9

morel supremo piccolos

10. Back To Top    #10

i wouldn’t be playing 6.5” anywhere near 4K if fitted in doors, not like 2.5-3k which most tweeters unless tiny will happily cope with, some will play lower with ease, a bigger tweeter (25-30mm is generally better for around 2-2.5k

l65 are an excellent midbass and would be far better with a l2se for example or mid/tweeter combo playing off them... my satori are a far better midbass/midrange for a 2 way with tweeter,

you’re gonna have some massive roll off and beaming issues above 2-2.5k... from the top end of the drivers side more than anything

and you generally don’t want the physical crossover to match on the sub, leave the sub at 60hz and set the midbass at 80hz...
    Last edited by dumdum; 09-16-2020 at 05:11 PM.