Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Spring NCSQ Meet - 25 April 2015 - near Greensboro, NC

Real Name
    Jason

2015 Spring NCSQ Meet - 25 April 2015 - near Greensboro, NC

Info:

We had our NCSQ Fall Meet and had a good turn out and a lot of fun, but several folks were not able to make it - especially those who are local to here

2014 NCSQ Fall Meet

We are having a mini meet on 8 February to make up for that in Kernersville

NCSQ Mini Meet - 8FEB2015

But I finally sat down with my calendar and picked a day for the next one.

Where:
    At my house near Greensboro - PM for the address - I am not going to post it here.

When:
    Saturday, 25 April 2015 - 9:00am - 9:00pm

Food:
    Probably snack items for lunch - We will likely grill out at our house.

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids
    Your vehicle with or without anything setup/tuned
    Favorite Music on discs
    Camera
    Lawn chair if you want it
    Openness to learn, ask questions, take constructive criticism and humbly give advice/criticism

Current list of attendees: (Add Yo Name!)
    Name (Screenname) - Car

1) Jason (bertholomey) - 2013 Subaru BRZ

2) Erin (ErinH) - 2006 Honda Civic

3) Kendal (Notloudenuf) - 2005 Ford Escape?

4) Russell (dblevel) - 2004 Honda Accord

5) Jason (crea_78) - 2014 Honda Accord

6) Juan (black rain) - 2004 Kia Sorento

7) Daniel (chithead) - 2014 Subaru WRX

8) Casey (casey) - 2008 civic

9) Scott (Babs) - 2008 Civic

2. Back To Top    #111
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Re: 2015 Spring NCSQ Meet - 25 April 2015 - near Greensboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by bobditts View Post
    Thanks Kendyl!!! Now, where can I find a lossless version of your disc so I can burn my own?
    PM me your address and I'll send you a copy.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #112

It's an excellent disc.....listening to it as I type this.....

4. Back To Top    #113
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Final Tally?

1) Jason (bertholomey) - 2013 Subaru BRZ
    2) Erin (ErinH) - 2006 Honda Civic
    3) Kendal (Notloudenuf)
    4) Juan (black rain) - 2004 Kia Sorento
    5) Casey (casey) - 2008 civic
    6) Scott (Babs) - 2008 Civic
    7) Steve (Captainobvious)
    8) Chris (Serieus) - 2013 Honda Fit
    9) James (jpf150) - 2001 F150
    10) Andy (req) - 2003 Folksvagan GeeTeeEye
    11) Chris (Hillbilly SQ) - 2011 Ram QuadCab aka "big white pig"
    12) Jay (JayinMI) - 2012 Kia Rio5
    13) Clay (Claydo) - 2009 Cobalt
    14) Forrest (Darkrider) - 2015 Kia Forte5 SX
    15) Heywood (Butt Hz)- Honda Chickmagnet
    16) Matt (HighQman1974) - BMW 323is E36
    17) Richard (bose301s) - 2010 Ford Focus
    18) Dean (DRF24) - 1999 Porsche 911
    19) Michelle (LadyObvious) - 2009 Corolla
    20) John (subterFUSE) - 2013 Audi S6
    21) Chuck (stereo_luver) Dodge Ram
    22) Jeremy (sleeves) r32 VW
    23) Ali
    24) Richard (fullergoku)
    25) Paul
    26) Justin (Audionovice)
    27) Richard (2deep2)
    28) Rich (Salami) Accord

Who did I forget or miss talking to?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

5. Back To Top    #114
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

very nice
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #115

DIYMA cross-post...

Got a bit more time to make a more elaborate post...

First off, again, I have to thank Jason and Mrs. Jason (or should I say Vicky and Mrs. Vicky?) for the hospitality. Having hosted GTGs a few times myself, I really can relate to the headache it can be to host these at times. I think the fact that your wife was so cool with it actually made the mood better for some of us... especially those folks who needed to pee and felt awkward walking through someone else's house to head to the bathroom. LOL.

I'll make the round robin of system evaluations now since some of you other dudes did...

John (subterfuse): The Audi sounded quite nice, man. The EQ changes you made from Friday to Saturday were really well done and it solved some of the anomalies I had mentioned hearing to you. The system definitely has the potential to do well in the lanes this year (as I know you are hoping to be an active competitor). I really look forward to hearing it at Finals if you are able to make the trek this year. Besides the system... beautiful car man. I really enjoyed getting to chat with you, too. You're a cool dude and I'm glad to have gotten to hang out with you both days.

Chris, after making the long haul Friday you were still in good spirits. LOL. I missed hearing the system Saturday after you had done some more tweaking on it; I wish I had the chance to get in there again but it seemed whenever I walked by the truck you had people in there with you. Looking forward to seeing/hearing the potential future changes we talked about.

Andy, those midbass behind the listener worked out quite well. And that CarPC setup is killer, man! The amount of detail, inside and out, you have put in your car is really quite inspiring and it looks good all around, man. Mad Max was quite sharp! (no pun intended) I was hoping to get back in your car after listening to it earlier but as usual, there just wasn't enough hours in the day. I hope I see you again soon, man. You're always a hoot to hang around! We need to get the Team back together!

Jason... I can honestly say, through all the iterations of your car I've heard, I love the latest tune. It's just so dang blended, man. I always have one or two cars I hear at a meet/show that I feel like I could drive home with as my system and be completely happy and your car is definitely it for me this go-round. What's funny is I heard some guys talking in the garage about your system; saying the way it sounds fits your personality... just laid back and smooth. Two things about that: 1) I agree and 2) that only applies to you in the morning/afternoon... you're not so laid back late at night. Grumpy pants! LOL (I kid, I kid!!!!!!!!)

Steve: Your wife's setup is going to be stupid-good with you at the helm. I am always impressed with your build quality and how acute your feedback is on mine. With your skills and trained ear, I'm pretty sure that car could be a top contender in any org if you wanted it to be (as long as your amp settings allow it to play music! lol). It was on-point and any comments I had about it, you were already aware of. In the same vein, I definitely appreciate your feedback on my car. It's nice to get verification on things I'm hearing (or not hearing, lol). Having met you only a couple times now, but knowing you for years on the forum, I can say without doubt you are one of the nicest people I know. Which makes hanging out with you a great time.

Chuck!!!!! The right side sounds awesome!!!!! (there's an inside joke here). In all seriousness, although you didn't have the system dialed in like I know you can dial a system, I still am glad you made the drive up and I got to hang out with you. I miss seeing you at shows, man. So I always look forward to getting time to hang out with you. I hope we can meet up again in Lebanon soon and go grab some BBQ!

Forrest, thanks for the demo and thanks for the heads up on the Lindsey Buckingham track. I was really impressed with the tonality of your system. And really dug the little aimable tweeter pods you had in that car. Take care, man, and maybe we will run in to each other at Disney in the future!

Clay, as usual, thanks for the demo. I know you were having some trouble with the rig this week so it wasn't as up to par as it was at Finals when I heard it last, but it still had the classic Clay "hit you upside your friggin' head and take your wallet" style to it! lol. I hope to hear it again soon and will be watching your build log for any other potential changes!

Jay, I think we spent more time talking than actually demoing systems, lol, but man, it's alllllll good. I definitely am glad you made the drive (or, your girl made the drive) down and I appreciate the feedback on my system you gave me. I've been working on sub/midbass blending for years man, so it's nice to hear when people appreciate my OCD'ness. See you at Finals?...

Scott (Babs): Dude!!!! Great meeting you, FINALLY!!!!! I really dug the civic, man. Seriously... lots of potential there. For just having started out, I think you are well on your way. Just a few tweaks is all it took to straighten out some minor things and the tonality is nice! The tweeter install was killer as well. Amazing how well they blended in with the car and looked factory. I was kind of sad when you had to split... but I'll see you in the chat!

Casey, I have to say, in all honesty that I was expecting your car to sound great. High expectations and all... lol. Having had a very similar install in my car, I knew what the potential would be and your system didn't disappoint at all. Tonally, that thing was pretty much spot on. Truthfully, I'd expect that car would be a serious contender in any organization with some small tweaks on it or just a great reference for others in the hobby to listen to. Probably one of the best 'out of the box' systems I've heard in all my years of doing this. That's saying a lot, man. Really. So, kudos!

I missed a lot of cars this year, as is typically the case... listening and talking typically don't leave a lot of extra time. But there's always next year, right!?
    To everyone else... Al, Juan, James, Kendal, Richard, Paul ... so many of you guys I spent time talking to... it was great to see you all and thanks for providing me with some good laughs and conversation. It's funny... I never realize how much fun I had at these meets until I'm home and think back on the conversations and jokes we had. Keep 'em coming, dudes!

That's all I gots fo now. For the bajillionth time, thanks to Mr and Mrs Bertholemey for hosting this. I'll echo Jason's sentiments on this being a great meet for newcomers because of how welcoming everyone is at these things. There's definitely a nice community of SQ guys in the NC area and that's why I enjoy making the trek that way each year. Thanks for being cool with me demoing your systems, and demoing mine and trading feedback as well. It's truly appreciated. On that note, I may try to put together an Alabama meet this Fall and if it happens, I'd be stoked if you NC folks could make the trek down/over.

Take care, all!

- Erin

7. Back To Top    #116
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

By the way Jason.. I didn't get around to it, but meant to say it. Just a side-note. God bless you and thank you for your service to this great nation. Hate I didn't get that said in person amidst all the festivities. And that goes for all you great veterans at the meet.

8. Back To Top    #117
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Vehicle
    2003 Volkswagen GTi

[MENTION=53]Afghan Vet[/MENTION]; did you find my $11 napkin?

9. Back To Top    #118
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    By the way Jason.. I didn't get around to it, but meant to say it. Just a side-note. God bless you and thank you for your service to this great nation. Hate I didn't get that said in person amidst all the festivities. And that goes for all you great veterans at the meet.
    x11000000billion

10. Back To Top    #119
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Thanks Scott! I really appreciate that. It still feels good to get a hand shake.....a sincere eye-to-eye thank you......I'm very proud of the service I provided. I told a few guys a story.....I was driving over to the mini-meet we had a few months back......I was following a car for a while.......he pulled on a ramp and stopped to get out.....I was thinking, "I don't think I was tailing him that close.....". It was an older fella in a suit - he leaned in my window and extended his hand.....he saw my plate and my stickers (that Andy made me ).....and he thanked me for my service. He was a Vietnam Vet, and I returned the favor. It is a reminder when I get a thank you these days.....it was a lot different when those boys got back from Nam......

Quote Originally Posted by R4N63R View Post
    [MENTION=53]Afghan Vet[/MENTION]; did you find my $11 napkin?
    Yes I did.....$11.08 napkin.....love it! I appreciate everyone's generosity. Fortunately, I was able to send two huge cans of baked beans home with Chris (the Hillbilly one) and bags of chips / bottles of sodas home with James at the end of the day. We only had 2 cooked hotdogs to throw away as well - so that was a lot better than the 6 boxes of burgers last time that were left or the 6 pounds of BBQ that had to be frozen......that wife of mine is really sharp

11. Back To Top    #120
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Dang! I was two hot dogs shy of being full