Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Justin Zazzi's tuning companion for room eq wizard

1. Back To Top    #61

Re: Justin Zazzi's tuning companion for room eq wizard

If I set Linkwitz 24 DB 80 HZ high pass on the spreadsheet for my woofer in a 2way setup, does it matter if in my dsp I actually have to set a Buttwerworth 36 db at 100hz to hit the target curve? Is it just phase I would have to worry about then? Thanks !

2. Back To Top    #62
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    If I set Linkwitz 24 DB 80 HZ high pass on the spreadsheet for my woofer in a 2way setup, does it matter if in my dsp I actually have to set a Buttwerworth 36 db at 100hz to hit the target curve? Is it just phase I would have to worry about then? Thanks !
    Electrical settings do not matter. It is only if you hit the acoustical curve, so you did exactly what you should be doing. Don't change a thing
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #63
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Yep! What he said.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

4. Back To Top    #64

To get the near the 80 80 acoustic crossover for my sub and mid bass, in my dsp I have had to set mid woofers to 100 LW and my 2 small 6.5 boxed subs (Helix MATCH PP 7E-D) to 60 LW. Is this right or do you think something wrong with my setup somewhere? Seems like a big electrical gap. Also this small sub has a MASSIVE peak at 50 hZ and takes a lot of cutting to get down to the target line and I do feel like a have lost a too much bass at the moment so might turn it back up in that area a tad. Sounding good though

5. Back To Top    #65
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
    To get the near the 80 80 acoustic crossover for my sub and mid bass, in my dsp I have had to set mid woofers to 100 LW and my 2 small 6.5 boxed subs (Helix MATCH PP 7E-D) to 60 LW. Is this right or do you think something wrong with my setup somewhere? Seems like a big electrical gap. Also this small sub has a MASSIVE peak at 50 hZ and takes a lot of cutting to get down to the target line and I do feel like a have lost a too much bass at the moment so might turn it back up in that area a tad. Sounding good though
    you are good if it matches the acoustical curve. My electrical settings are all over the place in my car and home theatre.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #66

cursedbat8448, I hope you found the answer you needed? Looks like you removed your question so I assume you did!
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

7. Back To Top    #67

Just in case people with virtual channels want to try this dip from the jazzi curve, I did 3.1khz, Q=1 and -3db from a flat tuned Sq preset which made it very much more pleasant when I give it some death thanks Justin!
    Last edited by dumdum; 08-13-2022 at 05:33 PM.

8. Back To Top    #68

This is the way!
    Do it for them.

9. Back To Top    #69

Hi,
    If i overlap xover or gap, would the formulas still work?
    thank you.

10. Back To Top    #70
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Kb86 View Post
    Hi,
    If i overlap xover or gap, would the formulas still work?
    thank you.
    Yes, but what is your reasoning for doing such?