Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fused Distro Blocks - Still relevant?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Fused Distro Blocks - Still relevant?

Recently i went on the hunt for a replacement of my 12v Fused distribution block. I hit up a couple of local stereo shops and to my surprise no one i spoke with (Sales & Installers) knew what i was referring to. They all would hand me a "ground" distro block and tell me "...we have these but these are for running multiple speakers but i could get away with using them for power.." they would also state then when running multiple amp systems, they just use multiple "amp kits" and run the powers from the battery to the amp. I totally get there is nothing technically wrong with making individual fused runs between the battery and amps.

Am i just stuck being a boomer with old school thinking? Are fused distro blocks more of a novelty then generally accepted practice? My amperage needs for all of my equipment can easily be supplied by my 1/0 run. Do you guys use distro blocks in your installs?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Fused Distro Blocks - Still relevant?

I haven't shopped for them in a while, but a quick search only shows KnuKonceptz and Stinger. Maybe they have gone the way of the dodo

3. Back To Top    #3

i have an audison sfd-41c, works well for both power and ground distribution. there's a china clone on amazon that's quite popular as well.

i have 1/0 in, 4x 4ga out.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    i have an audison sfd-41c, works well for both power and ground distribution. there's a china clone on amazon that's quite popular as well.

i have 1/0 in, 4x 4ga out.
    I was just looking at that one on the Connection website. I found this one on Amazon yesterday, but you're saying its not an Audison piece but it's an imitation? Man that's a bummer

5. Back To Top    #5

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I second the KnuKonceptz suggestion. I have used several over the years and am still using one today. I'm not a fan of the larger ring-threaded blocks they sell, for a few reasons, but they still make a few smaller, lower-key versions that work well.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-au...n-fuse-blocks/

7. Back To Top    #7

the knu konfused stuff is confusing. bassick stuff seems like it also might be too clever for its own good, especially the 3-way distribution . i have one of the knu compression fitting inline/under-hood fuse holders; never again.

i like the audison thingy, can't go wrong w/ stinger either.

8. Back To Top    #8

I guess I'm super glad I kept this piece of history:

What I like is - it uses mini blade fuses. If I need 120a current on one output, i can plug in four 30a fuses. If I need 5a on another - I can use a single 5a fuse. And if they blow - I can pick them up at any car parts store.
    Dual 1/0 in, four 4 gauge out.

Planning to use it in my install - lots of amps don't have fuses built in. I'd think there would be tons of options - I'd have thought THIS would even have been the design to clone.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

9. Back To Top    #9
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    the knu konfused stuff is confusing. bassick stuff seems like it also might be too clever for its own good, especially the 3-way distribution . i have one of the knu compression fitting inline/under-hood fuse holders; never again.

i like the audison thingy, can't go wrong w/ stinger either.
    I haven't had any troubles with the bassik 3-way (or any bassik gear), but I do agree with the your opinion on the konfused stuff - it's aptly named. They seemed to have made it more difficult then it needs to be. Stinger stuff is definitely good quality, I just can't stand the logo plastered on everything. Kind of gaudy, in my opinion. Can't go wrong with the Audison.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 crew cab Duramax

I’m happy with my SMD distribution blocks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	79EB9059-6B98-4E07-BF99-4FE895891630.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	15774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1D7B2682-4941-4BC0-A0A3-6D08B8D9F2B2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	168.0 KB 
ID:	15775