Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

1. Back To Top    #91

Re: Less than three weeks to nationwide riots....

Quote Originally Posted by ca90ss View Post
    It seems pushing her through is taking a bigger chance than waiting. If we wait until after the election and Trump wins then the outcome is the same as pushing for a vote now. If Biden wins and nominates someone liberal the conservatives still have a 5-4 majority. If she is forced through now and Biden wins there’s a chance he’ll pack the court and the conservatives will lose the majority.
    Saying it's being rushed through is a lie. It's just not accurate. Many supreme court nominations have followed the same timeframe as this one. It's one of the president's duties to nominate for vacancies and the senates job to advise and consent those appointments. They are doing what they are supposed to do. And yes the senate is following historical precedent.

2. Back To Top    #92

What about the precedent set when Merrick Garland was nominated?

3. Back To Top    #93

What about the precedent set when Merrick Garland was nominated?
    That was precedent. No opposing parties (president-senate majority) has confirmed a supreme court nominee since the 1800's in an election year. You can argue that was not the right thing to do and could debate that but as I said, the senate was in keeping with historical precedent.

4. Back To Top    #94

It’s only precedent if we ignore the times it has happened.

5. Back To Top    #95

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Look who has been in charge for the last 10 months. Why are the Dems (or whoever you think) at fault for things that are happening while this guy is in office? Cities have been on fire, cops have been "standing down" yet Biden is "weak" (per TV ads) wtf is repubs plan? Why aren't they doing anything to stop it? If they wanted to stop anything they would have by now but it's an election year and they are more interested in hoarding power than fixing any problem. Basically all politicians are this way. vote out every single person that is in office now.
    I'm not sure how you think our government works, but we have a federal government that gives the most power to the most local authorities with very few exceptions. Trump CANNOT interfere in the affairs of states or cities without an explicit invitation from local authorities. The most recent notable examples are when Trump offered to send federal law enforcement to help quell rioting but had to wait to get approval from the cities in question. Bottom line, Democrat run cities will burn, Republican run cities won't burn, because Republicans don't care about your skin color or sexual preference, they'll arrest criminals regardless, Democrats won't.

6. Back To Top    #96

Quote Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
    The only problem with this is that there aren't enough GOOD people who are willing to sacrifice their lives to spend their time in Washington cleaning up the mess.

I wouldn't throw my hat in the ring, just so I can be vilified by the left and have every single ex-girlfriend I've ever boinked coming out telling the world what a piece of shit I was. For what? I'd get 2 weeks into it and flip them all the bird and walk away.

Someone once said anyone who WANTS to run for president of the United States is automatically not qualified. I can see some truth in that statment.

Serving your country should be a sacrifice, not a ticket to millions.
    Amen! To all of that.

7. Back To Top    #97

So far, Trump has taken more gun rights than Obama.
    Examples, please.

8. Back To Top    #98

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    Examples, please.
    He banned bump stocks.

9. Back To Top    #99

He banned bump stocks.
    bump stocks have nothing to do with the 2nd amendment.

10. Back To Top    #100

He banned bump stocks.
    Oh well. I never wanted one of those, I can pull the trigger fast enough on my own. I'm more of a marksman than a machine gunner anyway.