Thread: Budget Allocation

1. Back To Top    #1

Budget Allocation

Does anyone have any data regarding best practice for how much to spend in relationship to your build budget for each category? It is too late for me now as I have already done the majority of my purchasing, but it would have been helpful to have some data showing what people consider important in thier project budget in hind site.

For my build thus far I have the following allocations with a $2k all encompassing budget.
    Installation accessories 10-15%
    Source/DSP 10-15%(I am using OEM head unit)
    Amps 35-40%
    Speakers 30-35%
    Sound control 5-10%

Also curious if your budget amount would dictate any of the percentages. For example, whether budget was 500 or 5000, you should always spend at least x on sound control to insure best results from your drivers. I know, I know, it's vehicle specific...just looking for those generalities if they exist, or if every system is truly a one of a kind venture and there is simply no good answer.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Budget Allocation

I've never met anybody who allocated a set budget for anything. They usually start with a few pieces here and there and just build on it as time goes by.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Budget Allocation

I tend to start out with a budget......then forget the many odds and ends materials.....then change the gear once or twice.....then upgrade......then forget what the budget was and buy what I want......then take a chewing from the wifey........then find something I can't live without........buy something else to try out........then.........