Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some newb questions

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: Some newb questions

it has aux in but it doesn't have BT. looks like sony is only offering that on CD models.

2. Back To Top    #12

Great that may be the one. Any suggestions for crossovers?

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

when you buy a comp set it will come with a pair of crossovers. Though I would see if you can find a comp set that has crossovers with two discreet inputs and outputs (one for low and one for high).

These would work well, and can be had for less: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...art-QS216.html

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Yeah, reasoning for two inputs on each crossover is to bi-amp and that would allow you to time align each speaker. Time alignment can make or break any car system. With a 4ch amp to run the set you'd be well...SET. Or get a 5ch amp to run the whole setup. You don't need a ton of power on the sub like a lot of people think. A good ported box with a 10" or 12" in that truck will be fine with low power. Hell I have a single ported 8" on 400rms in my big quadcab Ram and it's more than enough for my tastes. Even allows me to rattle the cab if I get the urge too.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #15

Thinking of a five channel amp with the head unit powering the factory locations and adding some other speakers run off the amp. This is partially a guinea pig build before future projects. Want it right but really cutting my teat on this one.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

possible options:

Aura 5700RPM 5" x 7" 2-way Coaxial Speaker Pair - http://www.parts-express.com/aura-57...-pair--269-182

The sub can either be wired in series = 8 0hm or parallel = 2 0hm [ two subs could be wired in parallel after they were wired in series ][ parallel with two subs would equal 4 0hms ]

E8v2D4 - Sundown Audio 8" DVC 4 ohm Subwoofer - http://www.amazon.com/E8v2D4-Sundown...cm_cr_dpwidget
    Verified Purchase
    This sub is amazing. At first i put it in a .32 cu ft sealed box and it was alright. It sounded good but just didn't do the sundown name any justice. Recently I put it in a .6 cu ft ported box tuned to about 37 hertz and it fricken pounds! I am very pleased with the build quality and sound quality. Screw your fancy 12's and 15's. All you need is a good sundown 8 to hit awesome lows! I paired this with a JL J2 250.1 and they are a match made in heaven. For a $200 system, I couldn't ask for any better quality.
    Last edited by Hic; 08-25-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #17

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Awesome , G'luck with that !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

9. Back To Top    #19

What is a descent 5 channel amp to push one 10 " sub and some components?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk