Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ROLLCALL-2014 MECA/IASCA Nationals - Nashville TN

1. ROLLCALL-2014 MECA/IASCA Nationals - Nashville TN

Just seeing who all is planning on going. I will be going as a spectator. Excited to meet you guys and demo some vehicles.

Here is the list so far...
    BOBDITTS
    ERINH
    BIGAL205
    GLENN
    KEVINK
    POCKET5S
    CLAYDO
    MICHAEL MYERS
    PAULD
    IMJUSTJASON
    CAPTAINOBVIOUS
    BigRed
    the Papasins
    West
    Tenacious
    Afghan Vet
    Last edited by bobditts; 08-26-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram at #bobditts

2. Back To Top    #91

Re: ROLLCALL-2014 MECA/IASCA Nationals - Nashville TN

Here is a copy of my post over at deema, after thoughts from the show. Sorry for the repost, but its too much info to retype!

Whoa, what a fun weekend.......congrats to all the winners, and all who took trophy positions in their classes as recognition for your hard work! I wish I'd have stayed around to hear the iasca results, but the scoring snafu pushed that celebration too late for me cos I was starving. I got a little demo crazy this weekend, and listened to sooooo many cars, it's awesome having so many great cars in one place for checking out! Even more overwhelming was the amount of new faces I had to process, met a lot of members from this site, and heard many of their cars too. Thanks to all who let me sit in for a demo, I truly appreciated the seat time! I'm glad to report as well, that after 3 days of demos of my own car (I musta have given 30+ myself!!) Nothing broke! To those who shared a demo of my car, you know I love to push it and I'm a dynamics/impact fool! So the fact that it was still playing beautifully on the way home was the quality control test I needed on my fresh install and brand new gear. I was disappointed to develop a rattle or two over the weekend as I arrived with a dead silent car at my reference volume, by sunday, I had beaten on it enough to have a rattle or two at full tilt. Anyways a big time was had by all and shout outs to a few here........

big props to the whole wca crew! It was a pleasure to meet each one of you, and major respect for your travel times......that's dedication! Enjoyed my time with the papasin family, and the smart was truly enjoyable! Winifred (sp?), you are a fun guy to hang out and bs with! That Nissan isn't too shabby either, good luck on your quest for more dynamics! Damon (drthjta), loved the all dayton setup in the mean looking volks-vagen! Jim (bigred), it was a pleasure to meet you as well, with all the hype and your guru status, I didn't expect such a down to earth and truly nice feller! Of course your truck was spot on and superb, but you don't need me to tell ya that now do you mr. WORLD CHAMPION!.......congrats, it was well deserved. Thanks for making sure I got my demo. I hope I didn't leave any wca members I met out, apologies as my head is still spinning from all the new faces!

Big travel props go out to user thrill house, as well as the extremely courteous gentleman from mexico with the exquisite jaguar, these guys were road warriors as well! I loved hanging and talking audio with Blair (thrilhouse) and truly enjoyed his brilliantly detailed dls front end. I finally got to hear erin's wonderful civic again, and it was excellent! I agree that we have similar tastes, my friend! User beef316 was demoing a truly fine sounding volkswagon that was very enjoyable. Big thanks to user hesterized for the excellent demo in some seriously extended seats, with bonus thoughtful footrests nonetheless, that threw up a huge stage! Bigfastmike's split personality lexus was major fun! Chad (southsyde) let me listen to his super smooth beryllium setup as well, nice! I wish I remembered the fellers name in the scion that I informed was the nicest two way fronts I've heard in a long time, he was running a hugemongous focal sub in his hatch. Of course Kirks acura was astounding, and at my request showed it's miraculous high volume dynamics and clarity! Quite possibly the only sq demo at the show louder than my own......love it! After wanting to hear the nascar for a long time, mark allowed me a nice long demo in that beast, thank you! I wish I remembered the owners name of the sweet lowered truck in the corner with the dyns and full custom dash......The sound stage in that thing with his iasca tune was flat badass. Also finally got my proper demo of capnobvious' excellent speed three, loved it steve! It was great to see the Myers bros from knoxville, and their sound team six compadres......great demo chris, love that you crank it like me! Got a quick demo of silkyslims super fun bmw too!

Also enjoyed excellent demos from sqsvt, mic10is, pockets5, pionkej, butt hz, and many more......I hope I mentioned everyone and got the screen names right.......sheesh, it was pure overload.....In a good way!

Sadly I missed a few on my list......would have liked to hear the rest of the sound team six cars, also missed Kyles, Kevin k, and bowdown......All three I fully intended to demo. Thankfully bertholomey and his excellent BRZ are local to me, as well as fullergoku's bmw, so I intend to get current demos at the upcoming meet!

and btw.......big thanks to erinh and hesterized for the demo discs I used to keep me awake on the trip home!

Oh, and I have a personal "most improved" award to honor mr butt hz, and his toaster.......fine job my friend!

Also want to add that it was a pleasure to meet mr bobditts!

3. Back To Top    #92

always a bridesmaid... Oh well. The two who beat me are no slouches.

-- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

4. Back To Top    #93

Congrats erin, third in the world......I mean no disappointment there my friend!

5. Back To Top    #94
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Congrats erin!

6. Back To Top    #95
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Yay!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141017190322-78dc0362-me.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	3421

7. Back To Top    #96

Consolation prize FTW!
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

8. Back To Top    #97
    Vehicle
    2009 Smart ForTwo

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    always a bridesmaid... Oh well. The two who beat me are no slouches.

Don't let the placing bother you! I don't know about you but I'm super happy! I still got a trophy that's almost as tall as me and my car. Lol In all seriousness, congrats on the third place win and to all my Extreme class competitors! It was a pleasure to be able to compete among the "World's best" and find out that the little car and the little person can hang with you big boys! Congrats to all!!!

9. Back To Top    #98

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Consolation prize FTW!
    Hearing Hogan say that he wanted to drive your car home would have been a win in my book.

I personally think your car is killer, not many better that I've heard, if any.