Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Polihics

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: gubment shuts down and Obamacare opens up

I think they should keep the govt closed. The ones that have something to lose in the long run are the liberals/democrats, the longer people go seeing that the govt is not nearly as important as they believed, the more likely people will stop praying to the god of the democrats (the US govt).

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

The stock market liked the shutdown for whatever reason.

3. Back To Top    #43

it usually does, it means the gub can't screw with the economy while it's in gridlock

4. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

3 people interviewed today on te local news about how happy they are that they can now afford to go to the doctor....... However, 2 of the 3 were holding a brand fuckign new macbook pro.

Back in the 90's it took me a long time to get a laptop, any laptop, that would have been VERY beneficial to my self-employment..... Because I was paying for health insurance......

5. Back To Top    #45

if you go big picture, the truth is we're spending ourselves into planned oblivion and the group mind, the hive mind, knows that we are on unsustainable trajectories.

so, both conservative and liberal work together to reduce government spending.

the sequester, how dramatic a pause to create, the mainstream media had us throwing babies out of burning buildings but the reality is the economy didn't even blip, it actually got stronger as a result of forced spending cuts.

maybe this is the new way to get things done, if what you need to get done is keep your job so there's no target on your back. Liberals have to understand how even as we retreat from two wars, we're not free from the region or the cause. Conservatives know that defunding the military is no longer the top of the laundry list Obama made early in his presidency.

A little public showmanship, you've got the 21 hour grandstander and Obama at the pulpit, deriding the repubs for their insouciance.

After he rammed his Obamacock into the conservative, small government-minded ass with a signature bill that is tied to his legacy, as if we voted him in to do that. WE didn't.

It was never well-organized, debated and hashed out for sea-worthiness, it was fabricated by pie-in-sky idealists who had "big changes" in mind, instead of small courteous steps.

you know what happens when you rush into a steeply graded path, you cannot rise fast enough to the challenge and end up mashing your grape into the slope.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by cajunner; 10-01-2013 at 09:33 PM.

6. Back To Top    #46
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

The sincerest form of flattery is imitation.

After he rammed his Obamacock into the conservative, small government-minded ass with a signature bill that is tied to his legacy, as if we voted him in to do that. WE didn't.
    Kinda ironic, that the guy who deserves the credit, didn't win The Presidency !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #47

health care IS a major issue, with the haves, having it, and the have nots, out in the wind of no preventive care, late stage diagnostics.

forcing the population to buy policies or be fined, is just so people are pushed into the waiting rooms and told how they are too fat, they smoke too much and drink more than they should.

it's "good feelings" legislation on people's freedoms, to prevent people from injuring themselves on today's sped-up lifestyle of fast food and sedentary iPad swiping.

I predict the outcome of this legislation is that poor people will be treated better because there will be an abundance of good will, the insurance will be flush with their higher premiums and the diagnostics of preventive care will fund the poorly managed "family doctor" specialty, as doctors will be able to fund their yachts and country club memberships with the added revenues of volume purchasing, courtesy of the fed.

All these new numbers on the rolls, means office visits and money well spent because more people will get to some kind of care earlier.

wouldn't that be cool, if it really does make the higher costs of the good plans, trickle down to bronze and silver and get some of the not-yet-diagnosed unwell, into a clinic.

8. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    Zac
    Vehicle
    Touareg

Re: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Fricasseekid View Post
    What makes you think that all the local police and military professionals will go along with an outright attack on our freedoms?

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!
    Jesus... Did you not read the part about the JP Morgan contributions? They will go along with it for the same reason our GOV'T sucks... they are bought and paid for by " Job Creators " .... Otherwise known as the fucks that have raped our Financial System.
    I am so fucking rad I shit rainbows

9. Back To Top    #49
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Politics

There are moral people left in this world that value freedom and the ideals of the constitution.

Viva la revolution!
    Merica!

10. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Zac
    Vehicle
    Touareg

Re: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Fricasseekid View Post
    There are moral people left in this world that value freedom and the ideals of the constitution.

Viva la revolution!
    Merica!

Yes. But things change when money involved. Look at how many families change when the old guy with all the money dies. Sad, but money changes EVERYTHING.
    I am so fucking rad I shit rainbows