Thread: Tweeter recommendation needed

1. Back To Top    #1

Tweeter recommendation needed

Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up some new tweeters for my setup. I need ones that can handle 111watts RMS. Obviously I want quality, but I also don't want to spend more on tweeters than I have on my amp. Preferably small form factor tweeters that can be mounted either on the doors or A-pillars.
    Recommendations would be much appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tweeter recommendation needed

I use the 1" version of these, which is unfortunately no longer available......and love em. Just make sure you get the ti version, the aluminum version is rumored to be brash.

http://www.parts-express.com/vifa-ne...eter--264-1004

3. Back To Top    #3

what's your budget? what drivers are you mating them to?

(ps: the power they handle is not information that really matters... cross a tweeter appropriately and you're fine. unless you're using HE tweeters and only need 5w for them )

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Ditto what Erin said/asked, also where do you plan on crossing them? Need as much info as possible before we can give a good recommendation. I do like the ti tweets Clay posted. When I heard the version he has you would have never known they were titanium. Then again, you can make MB Quart tweets sing like angels if you know what you're doing. Actually my favorite small format tweeter when the owner knows wtf they're doing...like Darrel.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #5

To start out I'll probably be crossing them at 2.5k, I'm just now getting the setup where I want it, so I've got some serious tuning to do.
    As for drivers, I'm using Massive Audio M6's.

I like the look of those vifa tweeters, gonna try searching around to see if I can find the 1" version somewhere.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

For where you're crossing, you might want to stick with a low fs tweeter. Do you have room for one of the big Morel tweeters? They would be a good quality (inexpensive) option with plenty of wiggle room in their usable pass band if you can fit them. Also, have you considered doing a 2" driver? The Scanspeak Discovery 2" would be an excellent option and don't cost much either. Several people on here have heard mine with just a quick tune and there's no need for a tweeter with these things. And no need to split the vocal range either with their ability to cross low. When you cross in the vocal range with a standard mid and tweeter setup it makes it so much harder to get right. That's why I prefer a fullrange 2" with good top end and have never looked back.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

the FS of that tweet is pretty low.....