Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Static crackling help

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Static crackling help

So little update. First I tried the a new ground wire still didn't fix it then I ended up taking my girls pioneer hu out and that fixed the pop noise on key on and key off. I think its the speakers causong the static like noise but first im going to replace all the speaker wire.
    But heres my next question has anybody on here delt with sonic electronic warrenty department because they wont tell me how long it will take to fix my hu. And they want me to pay all the shipping and pay for a box from ups.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

How long have you had the radio? I've dealt with Sonic numerous times on sales, but never had a warranty return. They'll probably just turn around and send it somewhere else to get serviced and that's why they can't give you a time frame, because they don't know.

3. Back To Top    #23

3 months ive had it

4. Back To Top    #24

Tired calling 4 times today and cant get thru to them and the online support will not respond to me for the last 3 days. Never dealing with sonic electronic again. Looks like im going to be sol on a headunit. Waste of $100

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Sorry to hear that. The only drawback to getting stuff cheap is that they are official reps on some brands, giving a full manufacturer's warranty...where on other stuff Sonic gets it cheap, but assumes the warranty responsibility (sonic warranty). Good luck with it.

6. Back To Top    #26

They gave me a 1 year warrenty but are not helping me much.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Unregistered

Okay, so back to the pico fuse. Did I go out and buy a resistor? No. Did I buy a precision soldering iron to fit a new fuse in the tiny workspace? No.

So how did I solve the problem? Simple. I dropped a big bead of solder on top of the fuse that connected both leads. Voila! Dead quiet again. It was a PITA trying to get the solder to sit on top of the fuse, but with enough tries, it worked. It's an ugly ass repair that's for damn sure, but it's fixed.

... Then I just said F! it and dropped a big ol' solder bead on top of the fuse itself. It's a tiny little fuse. It didn't take much solder. It's only about 1mm across.