Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: BMW E60 520d 2009 Budget SQ

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: BMW E60 520d 2009 Budget SQ

Looks good wino! Love the look of those amps.......

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    William
    Vehicle
    BMW E60 520d

Hi guys, its been a while now and I haven't had time to do much in terms of work on the system, once I got it up and running I was quite happy (I know lazy) and then it happens the left mid blew so I will be upgrading and I wanted to ask for some advice from your experience. I have gathered some options according to my budget for the speaker (around 200EU) and considering that i am looking for a speaker mostly for SQ (I do like to crank it up now and then when a coll track is playing, see above what happened) Also initially I want a speaker to use on the original location but later on I will move it to the A-pillar, also I would like to use the original MBQuart cross overs (LP @2600Hz @12db/oct) at least for now until I go active (after upgrading my Bit ten for a bit one or a Helix DSP) and I am planning to HP it low at about 200 to 300Hz (due to the 8" underseat woofer, I dont want to cut it higher because I want as much sound comming from high as possible and i dont believe the underseats will perform well enough to fill this gap) So my options:

HERTZ ML 700.3 Legend
    http://www.rgsound.it/ml-700-3-legen...-id-23840.html

FOCAL 4K SLIM
    http://www.rgsound.it/4k-slim_focal-id-23036.html

Audio System EX 100 SQ
    http://www.caraudio-store.de/EX,100,...:d88e40e8.html

AUDISON AV 3.0 Midrange serie Voce
    http://www.rgsound.it/av-3-0-midrang...-id-10190.html

Any thoughts? or any alternative sugestion perhaps? Currently I am considering strongly the Hertz as I have heard only good things about it.
    My business provides Product design services

3. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That Hertz mid does look quite beefy.

Any Morel dealers nearby? They sure do love eating up some power, and sound good doing it.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #44

If you can put a bit more cash, you could get a Brax NOX 80 - Around €280

The Gladen Zero Pro 80 is around €180
    The Helix P203 is around €180 too
    ^ suggestion based on distortion plots I've seen. I would use those 3" with a HP around 300Hz

The only driver I've tried in your list is the Focal 4K slim - that one can be played with a HP around 200Hz. Being a 4", your passive settings on the LP is good

Kelvin

5. Back To Top    #45

holy hogsballs...that is gorgeous

6. Back To Top    #46
    Real Name
    William
    Vehicle
    BMW E60 520d

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    That Hertz mid does look quite beefy.

Any Morel dealers nearby? They sure do love eating up some power, and sound good doing it.
    Hi, thanks for the reply, which morels do you recommend? I would like some good SQ speakears that can take a hard beating. I dont know any around the area but I can certainly have a look online.

Regards.

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    William
    Vehicle
    BMW E60 520d

Quote Originally Posted by cadaver View Post
    holy hogsballs...that is gorgeous
    What is gorgeous?

8. Back To Top    #48
    Real Name
    William
    Vehicle
    BMW E60 520d

Quote Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post
    If you can put a bit more cash, you could get a Brax NOX 80 - Around €280

The Gladen Zero Pro 80 is around €180
    The Helix P203 is around €180 too
    ^ suggestion based on distortion plots I've seen. I would use those 3" with a HP around 300Hz

The only driver I've tried in your list is the Focal 4K slim - that one can be played with a HP around 200Hz. Being a 4", your passive settings on the LP is good

Kelvin
    Hi I have just look at the Helix, looks a bit underpowered at 30RMS and the Gladen Zero looks good, I have just never heard them or read any review/comments regarding their performance, neither there is any distributor (that i know nearby to go and listen to them) as opposed to the Focals/Hertz/Audison that are being installed and reviewed everywhere.

Also, yes I notice that from the focals (about them being 4" so I can cut them lower) and I strongly considering them, I just thought a smaller speaker would be a bit less obstructive on the A-pillar. Eventually I want to move the mids from the doors, as I said to the A-pillar, but once I get hold of these http://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/dri...tor-range.html

Currently I am powering my system with the Helix P400 110WRMSx4 (2 ch for the mid/tweet and 2 ch for the under seat subs) and another Helix at 400Wrms@1ch@4ohm for my Orion Sub. Once I go active I am thinking on using an Audio System Twister F6 in combination with the Helix like this:

Tweeters: 60Wrms (AS ch1 and 2)
    Mids: 200Wrms (AS ch 3-6 bridged)
    Woofers: 350Wrms (Helix P400 bridget)

Or am I crazy? so that's why I was a bit more incline to look for a solid mid. I also found the ScanSpeak Illuminator @150WRMS but its mounting depth put me off.

9. Back To Top    #49
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Whinojo View Post
    Hi, thanks for the reply, which morels do you recommend? I would like some good SQ speakears that can take a hard beating. I dont know any around the area but I can certainly have a look online.

Regards.
    Good question. I know they have a Virtus 4" midrange that might fit the budget better, but if you don't mind locating and purchasing "raw" drivers, The EM428 is an excellent choice. 8-ohm midrange.

Would recommend the 3" dome midranges, but haven't really seen anyone running them much lower than 450Hz. Could be an issue with your 8" woofer under the seats.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

10. Back To Top    #50

Cool build, I like the trunk design