Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Spring NC Meet - 26 April 2014 - near Greensboro, NC

Real Name
    Jason

2014 Spring NC Meet - 26 April 2014 - near Greensboro, NC

Making sure this event is posted here........and you all can dump your pics on this thread after the meet. Except for Al.......no more geezer references

I want to mention that we will be offering a short but informative tuning seminar during the meet.

We will also have some reference headphones set up for folks to get a listen to. If you have a set of headphones that you want to bring - feel free.

Where:
    At my house near Greensboro - PM for the address - I am not going to post it here.

When:
    Saturday, 26 April 2014 - 9:00am - 9:00pm

Food:
    Probably snack items for lunch - BBQ for late lunch / early dinner like we did last Fall

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids (unless they are rowdy - thinking the kids from Raising Arizona......'FART')
    Your vehicle with or without anything setup/tuned
    Favorite Music on discs
    Camera
    Lawn chair if you want it
    Openness to learn, ask questions, take constructive critisim and humbly give advice/criticism

2. Back To Top    #151

Re: 2014 Spring NC Meet - 26 April 2014 - near Greensboro, NC

It was an awesome time fo sho! Great pics, jason and erin, thanks for sharing. The attendance was phenomenal, with lots of nice systems to demo. The two meet discs were chocked full of killer tunes as well, great job guys. Can't wait till the next one....I have to get that demo in the civic erin.....will have to hear the BRZ again one day too. That's right, of all the demos to miss, I didn't get to hear those two.....dammit! I did get to listen to a bunch more though, and some that were truly impressive. I do have to say, of all the cars I listened to, the one that really blew me away was ally's monte. That thing has developed into a real powerhouse. I've always loved the visceral thrill of fireworks, and never expected a car audio system to reproduce the impact and dynamics of a firework show. The monte could do that.......Holy shit, I mean they were real....The low thump of the launch all the way to feeling the concussion of the explosion in the sky.....I was flinching......and it was beautiful. The music flat rocked as well, with the unorthodox tweeter aiming throwing a stage well passed the limits of the car........great job ally!

3. Back To Top    #152
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

I got to demo Jason's car great improvement. I think it was just a tuning change but O really liked it the drivers really disappeared. It had more warmth and presence. I really enjoyed it.
    Clay I am sure yours sounded just as fantastic. Ali maybe next meet all I heard was great things about the Monte hope you enjoyed the quick old school demo. Lol I know your ears were exhausted.
    The ground zero scion man the midrange in that car was so revelling.
    One of the most improved cars was big Al what a difference!

Dustin keep working man your getting there.

Mike Honcho that accord sounded nice great detail tonality and stage for just a crossover set-up/tune lots of potential.
    Eric got to here the civic some day. I know I missed too many cars to count but that's all I heard.
    Can't wait to hear DBlevel's car at the next meet.
    Major respect to Jason his family for there hospitality hosting and Kevin notloudenough for cooking! :-) :-) awesome day.

Once again sorry for the lame showing off my car couldn't over come last minute bugs. Next time.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #153
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    I had a heck of a time!!!! Well worth the drive up, without a doubt!
    I'll comment more later. I just wanted to go ahead and share a couple links...

First, here are some of my photos:
    NC Meet Spring 2014 Slideshow by bikinpunk | Photobucket

I tried to label what I could but got tired toward the end.

I'll be back later. Gotta catch up on family time for now!

- Erin
    Loved the photos Erin.....and the captions (like Winslow....loved the ones about JW). In case anyone freaks out about the handguns......that was at the pre-G2G.......no shots were fired

5. Back To Top    #154

x2 on the photos. Some nice glamor shots fasho. But Jason, you really gotta clear out those surveillance squirrel nests. Looks like they've set up HQ in that tree.

I am pleased to finally be able to say I had a meet where I didn't spend so much as a minute "fixing" anything! That's a record, I think. And you make some killer coffee, J. Srsly.

6. Back To Top    #155

agreed with that. I've reached the point of "I'm happy with it" enough that I could care less about working on it during a meet (or after). It was nice to be able to just hang out, listen, demo, and chat.

7. Back To Top    #156
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    agreed with that. I've reached the point of "I'm happy with it" enough that I could care less about working on it during a meet (or after). It was nice to be able to just hang out, listen, demo, and chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
    x2 on the photos. Some nice glamor shots fasho. But Jason, you really gotta clear out those surveillance squirrel nests. Looks like they've set up HQ in that tree.

I am pleased to finally be able to say I had a meet where I didn't spend so much as a minute "fixing" anything! That's a record, I think. And you make some killer coffee, J. Srsly.
    I hope I can say the same thing next meet! :-) :-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #157
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Quote Originally Posted by millerlyte View Post
    But Jason, you really gotta clear out those surveillance squirrel nests. Looks like they've set up HQ in that tree.

I know, right? They could see and report everything that is going on back to the TOC. There was a certain socket wrench that has evidence of some minor 'fixing'.........and.......only the best for my guests

9. Back To Top    #158
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I "fixed" a rattle in my overhead console so well that it no longer functions.

10. Back To Top    #159

I saw you covering that rattle during our demo! Lol, I can't believe yer passenger mid was off during that, I knew the stage was left...but didn't think it was THAT left.....yer new setup has got loads of potential!

11. Back To Top    #160

There was a certain socket wrench that has evidence of some minor 'fixing'
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M1750001.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	2688

What... this? I've done much worse, I assure you.