Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Scars!!!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Battle Scars!!!

Inspired by Ally and Chad's scar discussion (and Ally suggesting that a Battle Scar thread be started) here it is.
    I'll start.
    I cut the top of my thumb with a handsaw when I was helping my Dad install a storm door at my grandmother's house.
    Don't cut cross handed when using any saw.....lesson learned.
    Here's a pic (obviously I was not trying to take a pic of the scar it's just what I had uploaded) The scar is the shiny part down my hand below my thumb. It's about an inch long or so. I went on my 8th grade trip to Washington DC the Monday after that happened on Saturday.

Other scars (no pics)
    A little triangle out of my wrist from a belt sander
    A snag in my finger about the size of a grain of rice from a hole saw
    A big burn on my right leg from laying my motorcycle down and then landing on the exhaust. That one hurt for a second until it killed the nerves. Then I had to push that big heavy bitch of a Kawasaki KE 175 home because it wouldn't start.
    Scraping the burnt skin off at the ER was really fun.

Pics of a motorcycle like the one I'm talking about.

Not a scar but my first memory is having my front teeth splinted back in by the dentist after knocking them out on a skateboard. I was about 3 I think. Still have the same dentist. He asks me about it whenever a new hygienist is in there.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Battle Scars!!!

Aww, heck yeah. I've got a good one that always gets a great variety of horrified expressions when I tell it.

When most of you were fresh out of high school (or college, or whatever) I was but a wee little 8 year old with some funky fresh ear piercings I'd gotten for free in a mall. Anyway, to my utter surprise, they got pretty infected. To the point where one started to grow into my ear. For whatever reason, nothing was done about it for a month or two. Finally mother decided maybe it was time to go to the doc's.

Cue, worst day of my life ever. Get to doc's office. Examines it. Asks my mother if she'd like to leave the room.

Uhh... what??

Tells me to lie down on the table or something, probably. I don't really remember. He goes over to his toolbench because I guess 90s docs had those. I wish I were making up this next part, but I couldn't if I tried.

He grabs a pliers.

Clamps pliers to the back of my earring.

Without even a single shot of novocaine or any painkiller, he tugs on the earring. Hard.

After a couple of minutes of what was probably pure agony if I could remember it, he manages to pull the entire earring straight down through my earlobe. Just like that.

And now I have a half-inch scar thru my earlobe and a small chunk missing out of it. Can't capture it in a pic, but I will show anyone in person who is intrigued.

Took me 12 years before I would get my ears re-pierced.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

I have a chunk out of my ear from shaving my head. I was holding my ear down and shaving behind it and it slipped. Off with a nice chunk. Ears BLEED LIKE CRAZY.

In my infinite wisdom I ran and grabbed a styptic pad for dog nails. That day I discovered that I could walk on the ceiling.

I have a skin graft from just under my right nipple to the top of my foot. Know how they say you should turn pot handles in to the stove around children, I'm one of those children, hot grease.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

When I was in boy scouts, a fellow (older) scout melted a plastic fork and a piece dripped onto my hand. I'll have that burn scar forever, I'm sure.

Next. I tried to bunnyhop over a picnic table on my bicycle. Flat asphalt on the take-off side, soft grass on the landing side. I failed and fell two times without hurting myself, but the third time I was sure I was gonna make it.

...Nope. I tapped my rear wheel on the top of the picnic table and went head over heels. Landed right on my face and literally ate dirt. A lot of dirt. You know where your lower lip attaches to your chin at the base of your gums? Yeah, I ripped that open, so I had chunks of dirt and grass all packed in there. The doctor gave my some water and a plastic container and told me to try to rinse out as much of the crap as I could. Not only did rinsing result in terrible pain, but I couldn't even feel where the debris were. So dirt and grass would come out but I wouldn't know until I saw it. After I spat out as much as I could, I got stitched up and ate yogurt for a couple weeks. I felt like a dumbass.
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!

5. Back To Top    #5

My only regret was not getting a pic of the dump that caused it.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Had mah 'Heart' broken --- [ Ever seen The Grand Canyon ] LOL, ROTFLMAO

Richard Dreyfus - JAWS
    Last edited by Hic; 03-19-2014 at 04:58 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Jon/Jonnie
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt

I once got my upper lip caught in a chain net on a basketball goal (only 9.5ft high rims) when dunking. no way to keep from descending and it tore my lip apart right in the middle. still have the scar and wasnt fun at all

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by dejo View Post
    I once got my upper lip caught in a chain net on a basketball goal (only 9.5ft high rims) when dunking. no way to keep from descending and it tore my lip apart right in the middle. still have the scar and wasnt fun at all
    I dunno why, but I got cracked up reading this

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Jon/Jonnie
    Vehicle
    2007 Cobalt

I can tell you it wasnt funny to me. I have torn off the meat at the start of my fingers several times on basketball rims as well. think that why nba dont use chain nets

10. Back To Top    #10
    herro prease jrdnhsqwlmcbzndjkt's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jordan
    Vehicle
    2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost

I have a 1" scar on my wrist, looks pretty sweet. In my ever increasing badassery, I was washing the ceramic lining of a crock pot at church when it slipped out of my hands and shattered. Missed all main arteries and tendons, was about 1/8" away from never having any grip strength in my left hand again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24881_1299198573049_1817647_n.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	3033
    2013 Ford Flex Limited Ecoboost AWD

Nothing... for now

Current build log:Jordan's 2013 Ford Flex Limited

Previous build log:Jordan's 2013 Taurus SEL

Old build log: Old man car, take 2