Thread: HU no sound - detailed post with photos

1. Back To Top    #1

HU no sound - detailed post with photos

Hi everyone im new to the group

I own a vw scirocco R 2010 which has dynaudio speaker system and an amp under passenger seat

I have bought a kenwood DNX8160DAB HU

Also bought a connects2 CTSVW004.2 which is for VW cars and suitable for dynaudio systems

I am getting no sound at all from system not even menu beep even at full volume, my steering controls are working which the connects2 canbus and system is working via ignition its the sound that's the issue

I'm not sure if I'm getting signal to amp or not?? It's just the factory standard amp under passenger seat, I don't hear it fire up but also don't hear it fire up with my factory HU (RNS510) So I'm unsure if it's connecting with new HU or not??

I'm hoping someone can help as it's beyond me, I have taken photos of my wiring and connects2 info and my kenwood wiring book

I have the patch lead for connects2 set to kenwood by cutting the green and orange wires as this is what YouTube video said do, like I say my controls on steering wheel work fine just no sound

I notice 'amp remote' isn't plugged into anything? I have tried the blue 'ant cont' lead pushed inside the connector but nothing??

The main photo of the wires are how it's set in car, the loose wires aren't connected as connects2 just said link key1 so GND isn't linked but didn't advise?

Thanks

Adam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230604_081607.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	153.0 KB 
ID:	18544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230604_081915.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	18545   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230604_081722.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	18546   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1685812043599.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	18547   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230604_081705.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	147.1 KB 
ID:	18548  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20230604_081657.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	18549  
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: HU no sound - detailed post with photos

It’d be easier if the AAMP Global UK sites were as nice as the US sites. I can’t find anywhere on the Connects2 site that says to use the harness you’re using. I find part #CTSVW002.2DA. It’s possible that with the amplified system, you might only use 2 channels of input and lose the ability to fade. I would think you would also need the amplifier turn on circuit connected to the radio.

Only other things I can think of is to try to find a PAC Audio RP4-VW11 to try or to contact Connects2 tech support.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Euphonic View Post
    It’d be easier if the AAMP Global UK sites were as nice as the US sites. I can’t find anywhere on the Connects2 site that says to use the harness you’re using. I find part #CTSVW002.2DA. It’s possible that with the amplified system, you might only use 2 channels of input and lose the ability to fade. I would think you would also need the amplifier turn on circuit connected to the radio.

Only other things I can think of is to try to find a PAC Audio RP4-VW11 to try or to contact Connects2 tech support.
    Thanks mate I will have a look

I only got the connects2 harness as said it was for dynaudio and it did not sort my problem haha think I might need a harness with rca connections but sick of buying cables and getting no where

4. Back To Top    #4

Hello. One additional recommendation that was not mentioned in the correspondence is to check the head unit's audio settings and configuration. It's possible that the sound issue is not related to the wiring or harness but rather a configuration setting on the Kenwood DNX8160DAB head unit.