Thread: 2019 Mazda CX5 5 channel dropout issue

1. Back To Top    #1

2019 Mazda CX5 5 channel dropout issue

Hi all,

Thrilled to find this site. Recently purchased the above and has the standard audio system. After an hour or so listening to add on CD player (aux input) I switched to FM input and started having intermittent left channel dropouts. Was having same issue (very infrequent) with CD player but unit is cheap piece of crap (not by choice and would love recommends with USB charge) I bought on Amazon. Radio works fine now.

Loose wire? Amp overheat issue? Other possibilities? Dealer willing to troubleshoot at no cost to me but would love to get forum member input as to possible causes before visiting dealer. Thank you so much for your help.

Gordon

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 2019 Mazda CX5 5 channel dropout issue

Welcome aboard. I typically start trouble shooting by swapping the outputs, to see if the drop-out issue changes sides. Is this a possibility in your case?

3. Back To Top    #3

Discovered reason. Car operating as designed. When navigation system and guidance voice directions on, left speaker defaults to voice info and then returns to music source once voice directions stop. Took two techs at dealer to figure out.

4. Back To Top    #4

Was the dealer able to prioritize voice prompts over audio playback?