Thread: Amplifier choice for top end [midrange and tweeter].

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2013 Lexus CT200H

Amplifier choice for top end [midrange and tweeter].

Anyone still utilizing class A/B for their mids and tweeters? If anyone is doing so, are you running class D for your midbass and substage? I'm asking simply for the following reasons: I wanted to install a small system in my current commuter vehicle[Lexus CT200H] and utilize my old C2K amplifiers that are collecting dust; however, my vehicle will not allow for a full set up due to the size of the amplifiers because I'm planning on a false floor design to be housed within in the spare tire well. I need the spare tire and I want to keep everything as stealth as I can. I figured I would run the mids[Stereo Integrity M3] as well as the tweeters[Legatia L1pro] on A/B, then utilize class D for the midbass[Legatia L6] and substage[unknown at this time]. I really enjoyed my prior set up using the C2k's, but if I'm unable to do so due to space, I will forgo the idea, so I'm not looking to start a Class A/B versus class D discussion, I wanted to gather some thoughts on this set up. Thanks in advance for providing an opinion.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: Amplifier choice for top end [midrange and tweeter].

Setup would work just fine...not sure what the question really is. You've used all of the stuff before with success, so what would change this time?
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods