Thread: 2018 Silverado (non-Bose) Wiring Help

1. Back To Top    #1

2018 Silverado (non-Bose) Wiring Help

Hi -
    I'm not new to car audio and have installed my own system in my old 2008 Impala. I had an aftermarket head unit with three rca outputs. I have a crescendo bass clef bc2000d for my two kicker cvx 4ohm, and a pioneer gm-a4704 to power my mid's and highs which are two 2.75", 2 6/9, and two 6.5", all Kicker.
    I have seen people splice into the wires and run to their LOC. I have never used an LOC. I am going to buy an audio control lc7i, and was planning on buying a wiring harness. Would I have to run the wires from the harness to the back of the truck into the LOC? Could I tap into the wires going to the speakers instead? Would a harness even be worth it? I'm confused on the wiring.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: 2018 Silverado (non-Bose) Wiring Help

If you don’t want to cut/splice the factory wiring (if you’re using the OEM wiring to your speakers, it would be cut, not spliced), you’ll need some form of T-harness. Basically you are disconnecting the speakers from the OEM unit and feeding the outputs into the LC7i and then connecting the speakers to your Pioneer amp.