Thread: Deaf Bonce 6.5“ Machete Series LW-65A4 vs CDT or Kicker??

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    admittedlyanasshole
    Vehicle
    2020 F150

Deaf Bonce 6.5“ Machete Series LW-65A4 vs CDT or Kicker??

Does anyone have any experience w/ any of these? Its looking like more and more that I won't be running a sub and/or it will be a long time before I do so. I have a shit-ton of other projects I'm getting ready to fiddle w/ so I need the front comp set and rear coax to give me the best option to include some reasonable lower end.

I came across some DB and these have great FR for lower end, used w/ a Focal XO-13VR Polyglass Crossover, or something similar from CDT or Woofers etc paired w/ a simple 1" tweeter I'm hoping to have a decent sound stage.

Simple infinity Kappas and Polk DB have frequencies that start in around the 45-60hz range. The DB I'm looking at is approx 30-4000hz, I found some CDT options w/ similar or slightly lower FR w/ the MX-7 or ES-06+CV but at the end of the day, I cannot find any user feed back on said DB or the CDT.

CDT does have their HD-62BE-2 on sale for $159 and Kicker has the KSS690, the KS series being more sensitive and the FR listed on their website is promising.
    I'd go w/ some infinity kappas or Polk DB's if I was sure I was going to use a sub since I can get those simple and easy off amzon but since the sub is not confirmed I'm thinking I should look for options that give me more low end. I do like my timbre to be more neutral so anything bright I'll have to pass.
    2020 F150 screw all factory but I'm too cheap to mod Kicker key 200.4 amp/factory speakers/home made HDPE door block off plates.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Deaf Bonce 6.5“ Machete Series LW-65A4 vs CDT or Kicker??

I've used the CDT ES-06 before. Definitely had some, "grunt" to them - but the old school Image Dynamics CX64 had a bit more.

If you can fit 6x9, and would like to not mess around with a subwoofer at this time, I'd stick with those. 6x9" speakers are very close to the same cone area of an 8" speaker. At least you could try to keep some of that midbass, "punch" we all strive for.

That Kicker KSS690 is pretty nice. Did you see their 48KSS269 that has 6x9" woofers and 2.75" speakers for the dash locations? Kenwood also has a similar combo, the KFC-XP6903C with 6x9" woofer and 3 1/2" coax that pair together.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    admittedlyanasshole
    Vehicle
    2020 F150

Re: Deaf Bonce 6.5“ Machete Series LW-65A4 vs CDT or Kicker??

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I've used the CDT ES-06 before. Definitely had some, "grunt" to them - but the old school Image Dynamics CX64 had a bit more.

If you can fit 6x9, and would like to not mess around with a subwoofer at this time, I'd stick with those. 6x9" speakers are very close to the same cone area of an 8" speaker. At least you could try to keep some of that midbass, "punch" we all strive for.

That Kicker KSS690 is pretty nice. Did you see their 48KSS269 that has 6x9" woofers and 2.75" speakers for the dash locations? Kenwood also has a similar combo, the KFC-XP6903C with 6x9" woofer and 3 1/2" coax that pair together.
    Thats good comparison to know. I'll have to look up the ID CX64.
    Some of the CDT options were this 2 way package and it digs to 30hz and it is what it is, my sub situation is limbo. I use the truck too much for travel w/ both dogs, extra gear so finding a way to make a sub work is challenging. The CDT listed below are "on sale", not sure how legit it is or just marketing on their website.
    I was contemplating https://www.cdtaudio.com/main_series/hd/hd62be2.php or just standalone mid drivers then couple w/ a tweeter and NVX crossovers can be had for $40 bucks https://www.mx-designs.com/mx-woofers/mx7.php or the ES you mentioned https://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_compone...es06pluscv.php or a 6x9 option https://www.cdtaudio.com/sep_compone.../cl69subcf.php which doesn't dig as deep but is 90db sensitive.

From a user perspective, I'd like to try out the DB, the Kickers and HD-62BE-2 set up. I like that CDT has the 2 way package BUT I can get the Kicker 2 way, space/location limited to 1" tweeter in the A-pillar and the factory is a 6x8 so a 6x9 will drop right in and the specs are decent AND the DB and Kickers have 30 return policy. Thats getting common now for internet direct HT, you can literally sample a $4500 dual 18" sub that will do 120db in your home and vibrate all the glasses out of your cabinets and return it minus shipping fees if it doesn't do you right.

The kicker KSS690 Specs

• Tweeter Design: 1” Dome
    • Impedance (Ohms): 4
    • Tweeter Composition: Silk
    • Woofer Composition: Polypropylene
    • Woofer Surround: Rubber
    • Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter): 92
    • Frequency Response: 30-21k Hz
    • Minimum RMS Wattage: 15
    • Maximum RMS Wattage: 150
    • Peak Power Handling: 300
    2020 F150 screw all factory but I'm too cheap to mod Kicker key 200.4 amp/factory speakers/home made HDPE door block off plates.