Thread: Newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi All, i'm a Newbie to both this forum and car audio tuning.

I'm now in my 50's lol but used to tinker with stereos as a teenager, but that was before the days of DSP's!!

I'm therefore after some advise on how to best set up the system without going to a pro, as i live in a remote area.

I have a 2019 Honda Civic, with inbuilt stereo controlling the climate controls etc., and therefore it can't be replaced, and also has the Premium (or so they call it!) 11 speaker sound system with OEM amplifier.

The system sounded terrible, therefore i've faded out the rears (to save installing resistors), and broke into the output wiring loom from the OEM amplifier, and feeding to an Audison F8.9 DSP/Amplifier under the seat, then back to the OEM amplifier and picking up on the OEM speaker cables to feed that DSP signal feed to the speakers.

I've replaced the front speakers with Audison VOCE AV 6.5's in the doors and Audison AV 1.1 tweeters in the sail panels, and the Audison 10" powered sub in the hatchback/boot.

I ran the De-Equaliser and the software has now confirmed the headunit is now de-equalised.

I've set up the crossovers for the sub at -80, 6.5's at 80 - 5000, and tweeters at 5000-

I've entered the distance into the software for each speaker, and have also selected Linkwitz Filter, and have Hi-P Slope and Lo-P Slope set at 24 for each speaker.

Tweeters are set at High Pass, and 6.5's at Band Pass, and Sub at Low Pass.

I have loads of bass from the sub, and have installed the knob under the steering wheel to enable fine adjustment.

However, the tweeters seem very bright? I am therefore thinking of reducing the db from the top sliders on the software to reduce them a few db below the 6.5's?

Is there anything else i should be setting? I can't seem to make any sense of how the EQ works? I have a small screen on the right hand side of the software page that has various different coloured lines, one showing the flat line of the Filter, and another showing the EQ line, however i'm used to the old style lines on headunits that you just slide up and down for each frequency? This stuff is nuts!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Newbie

Welcome to the funny farm!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Newbie

Yup yup. Time to learn some tuning since you have one stellar setup going.

Might also want to try moving those slopes to 12db instead of 24.

Welcome to the best mobile audio forum on the interweb!!!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma