Thread: Hey all from Tulsa.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey all from Tulsa.

Opinions please. I have some original Xtant amplifiers (1001d & 2200i) that I love but are they really worth running these days compared to my JL HD series? I have been in the audio game since the 90’s but still am not clear on the plus’s and minus’s of the two different types of amps.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hey all from Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantfu View Post
    Opinions please. I have some original Xtant amplifiers (1001d & 2200i) that I love but are they really worth running these days compared to my JL HD series? I have been in the audio game since the 90’s but still am not clear on the plus’s and minus’s of the two different types of amps.
    In my opinion, The Xtant 1001d and 2200i amplifiers have their pros and cons. The Xtant 1001d is a mono amplifier that delivers high power output, making it ideal for powering subwoofers. On the other hand, the Xtant 2200i is a two-channel amplifier that offers good sound quality and has cross-overs for subs. However, some users have reported issues with the output of the Xtant 2200i. Both amplifiers are older models and may require refurbishing to restore them to factory specs or better. When it comes to amplifier design, there is no one "best" way as different designs have their advantages and disadvantages depending on the intended use.