Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Citroen 2 way

1. Back To Top    #1

Small Citroen 2 way

Im doing fresh build for which Im undecided yet so this will be about my small weekend warrior. I will try my best to make decent flow out of this because there was 3 same cars and system was going from one to another with upgrades and changes.

Lets start:

OEM trunk cover was removed together with its clips after which existing holes were bored and sealed with paint. Than I put threaded rivet nuts and make trunk flor out of 15mm constrution BB plywood.

Paint strpes was actually from factory.

Last edited by Speedhunter; 02-04-2023 at 09:52 AM.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Small Citroen 2 way

I forgot to ad that everything is done only by me, from drawings and fabrication to installation and upholstery except stitches.

Subwoofer box was initialy built out of BB and after which i transfer to MDF. MDF sounded more pleasant so I stick with it. Subwoofer is DLS Nordica 12i. Suede is real Italian stamped Alcantara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #3

Helix P SIX Ultimate together with DLS CCi amplifier; stealth install under rear bench.
    Aluminum custom made ground terminals and other.

This one was for the Sub amplifier ground located on the oposite side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #4

OEM door speaker mounts are designed for 13cm/5.25" speakers so I needed to do custom baffles and make cutout in the doors. BB plywood baffles are fully epoxy coated to make them truelly waterproof.

Cutout is rust protected and painted

Dissassebled and cutted door trim for upholstery and fittment

5. Back To Top    #5

Doors were fully CLD and CCF/OCF treated. Unfortunately i have only this picture:

Proceeding with custom door baffles;

Bolt types here were only for testing screw inserts and fittment, later I put allen bolts.

I wrapped it in a vinyl which is matched to door trim.

6. Back To Top    #6

Finnished and assembled doors;

7. Back To Top    #7

Pillars were made asymetrical. Angles of tweeters in such a way provided the best aucustical symmetry.

Cutting rings out of BB plywood; I would 3d print them but I was rushing....

Wrapped in Alcantara

XT30 connectors; because XT60 is exaggeration

Finnal picture is going to uploaded later in the build.....

8. Back To Top    #8

Not audio related but when I started with Alcantara thingy than I will finish.
    I forgot how its called in english slang but we call it black roof/headliner...

B pillars wrapping

This picture of wrapping a C pillar is true example what takes to wrap true Alcantara which is NOT stretchable; not to mention glue but this is secret.

9. Back To Top    #9

Headliner....ignore old sub box...

Small detail done along the way for handsfree microphone.

Finnal with A pillars. This one is acutally taken recently after 2 years.

10. Back To Top    #10

I will bring this to the end with the headunit adapter. This car can only accept short 1 din headunits so this was my solution.

Thats it, a lot more was done but probably it would be too exhausting for me to upload. Hope you like it.

Speedhunter