Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Re: Cablguy184's 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Ohhh I like this thread. One day I will build a rat rod.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissGTO View Post
    Ohhh I like this thread. One day I will build a rat rod.
    Thank you ... and I just posted on you welcome thread on MAF ... LOL

Rat Rod ... I have no plans to build a Rat Rod. We will be taking this car apart, doing all of the necessary body repairs, and paint her a beautiful "plum crazy" purple ...
    (Same color as my amplifiers) with brown interior ...
    Team Linear Power / Hyper Lights ... 1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by cablguy184 View Post
    Thank you ... and I just posted on you welcome thread on MAF ... LOL

Rat Rod ... I have no plans to build a Rat Rod. We will be taking this car apart, doing all of the necessary body repairs, and paint her a beautiful "plum crazy" purple ...
    (Same color as my amplifiers) with brown interior ...
    Sometimes, you just have to go there you know.
    I read the frame off restoration. I think that's way cool. I'm not sure if I have the patience to do a frame off, yet. Give me a couple of years and we'll see.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by cablguy184 View Post
    and paint her a beautiful "plum crazy" purple ...
    (Same color as my amplifiers) ...

Linear Power ... For the Love of Music

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Looks like a bunch of artificial surface rust and some very straight panels underneath. A good looking car for sure. I'm sure you know this since you've worked with your dad on several of these over the years, but how available are parts for these? Do you plan on simply rebuilding/restoring the engine or swapping for something else? Purple with something like a camel interior would look realllly nice on that car. I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress with it.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Wow! This is going to make for one sweet and very unique custom build. Can't wait to see it unfold.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    Looks like a bunch of artificial surface rust and some very straight panels underneath. A good looking car for sure.
    Yea, it's fairly solid. just needs alot of good ole fashion body / fiberglass / metal work ... Nothing new.
    I'm primarily a Cable Guy by trade but I've had my fair share of paint and body / mechanic work being in my dad's shops all these years ...
    He's been restoring antique cars and trucks all my life ...

I'm sure you know this since you've worked with your dad on several of these over the years, but how available are parts for these? Do you plan on simply rebuilding/restoring the engine or swapping for something else?
    Yea, you can find reproduction parts ... just expensive. So we will replace only what we have to on both cars ...
    The engine (flat 6) and transmission (3 on the tree) runs REALLY GOOD ... I drive her around the block every day ... For now, the drive train will remain at close to stock as possible.
    No need to spend money that I don't have to at this time ... My main focus will be on the body work and interior modifications ...

Purple with something like a camel interior would look realllly nice on that car. I'm looking forward to seeing how you progress with it.
    Thanks man ... Thats sort of what I have in mind

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Wow! This is going to make for one sweet and very unique custom build. Can't wait to see it unfold.
    Thank you Sir ... This is how it looks today (well, this past weekend) ...

We had to replace the rusty stock steel wheels ... I plan to roll on 20s, So these Ford Ranger wheels will work until we get to the suspension upgrades ...

8. Back To Top    #18

Damn, yer hooked up, if I had one that complete, I'd make it look like 1949 new again.....at least on tha outside. Considered me jealous!

9. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Wow I'm excited for this one. That has given me some ideas for a future build. Got to get in on this one. Then delicious LP ear candy to boot. Oh yea this will be fun. Inspiring!! When I get a new house and have a bigger shop in a few years definitely going down this road.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Randal Johnson
    Vehicle
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Damn, yer hooked up, if I had one that complete, I'd make it look like 1949 new again.....at least on tha outside. Considered me jealous!
    Thanks man ...
    LOL ... The only major problem I have with this ordeal is that I'm a broke sum bitch working my ass off to barely make ends meet ...
    I'd love to set aside a 20 to 40 thousand dollar budget for this ride and go to town ... But I have to face reality with this one just like I did with my "White Lightning" Silverado project. Work side jobs to come up with funds and spend my money wisely ... I bought great Car Audio products that last so I can transfer most of everything into this new build ... But as far as labor work on the car, not a problem Sir, just got to get my lazy ass out there and Get Er Done !!!

I found this pic on Google Search and it looks close to the idea I'm working towards on this project ...

Now for those of you watching this thread close, I know that this pic is of a 1950 Ford ... But for the most part, the major body is identical ...
    Quote Originally Posted by silkyslim View Post
    Wow I'm excited for this one. That has given me some ideas for a future build. Got to get in on this one. Then delicious LP ear candy to boot. Oh yea this will be fun. Inspiring!! When I get a new house and have a bigger shop in a few years definitely going down this road.
    Thanks brother ...
    Yea man ... Those new Linear Power amplifiers are no joke ... I will be using the LP2250, and a pair of LP2150s on this project ... Plum Crazy Purple