Thread: 2000 Buick Regal LS HELP PLEASE

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool 2000 Buick Regal LS HELP PLEASE

Hello! I'm looking to upgrade my factory sound system to get the highest clarity and most efficient sound replication. Here was my idea:
    (All are component style parts)
    JBL Step-Up MultiElement 5 1/4" (Two-Way)
    In the OEM front door space
    JBL Step-Up MultiElement 6x9" (Three-Way)
    In the OEM rear deck space
    JBL Stadium GTO750T 3/4" Tweeters
    In the OEM front door space
    Pyramid TW67 3" Super-Tweeters
    In the dashboard or front quarter panels
    Skar SDR-3X8D2 loaded triple 8" enclosure
    Audiobank P2004 4-Channel 2000W Amp

Would these components work well together for a great sound? Which crossover(s) would you best recommend?

Any comments, suggestions, & constructive criticisms would be greatly appreciated. I'm fairly new to aftermarket audio component systems and need help. Thank you so very much!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 2000 Buick Regal LS HELP PLEASE

JBL is good stuff, but I'd skip the Pyramid tweets. What amp is going to run the subs?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    JBL is good stuff, but I'd skip the Pyramid tweets. What amp is going to run the subs?
    The subwoofers are a loaded enclosure package with a built in 2100W amp.
    Why do you say that about the Pyramid tweeters? Just curious. I picked them out to add an accurate high frequency range for the treble. They're 1khz-25,000khz.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

You're already installing JBL 2 and 3-way speakers, as well as an extra set of 3/4" tweets. That's already overkill...but adding a set of super tweeters will make your ears bleed. Also, Pyramid as a brand has been around forever, and it's always been flea market quality.

Sorry, I try not to dump on people's budget, but I also hate to see people waste their hard earned money.

5. Back To Top    #5

Totally understandable I get where you're coming from thank you! I was unsure how much value there would be in adding the remaining 1k-5k frequencies the system would be missing without the super tweeters

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

There would be no missing frequencies. It sounds like you’d have 6 tweeters already which is also too much if I’m being honest. There’s no reason the 5 1/4 or 6x9s wouldn’t play out to 20k with ease. I would take the money you were going to spend on the other 4 tweeters and put them towards a component set for the front. You can put the mid in the lower part of the door and the tweeter where the OEM tweeter is. You will get MUCH better sound that way.

I’m not sure where you’re located or what your budget it is but I have a set of Alpine Type-R 5 1/4 components and matching 6x9s that are both BNIB that I was going to put in my corvette but I just sold the car & never installed them. I could probably let ‘em go for $200 + shipping if it’s something that would interest you.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Take it from me OP, a guy on his third revision....make your install as simple as possible. I burned up way too much money overthinking things (Al and the other guys can attest) and making it more difficult than it needed to be. Focus on deadening your car well (VERY WELL) choosing quality components and lessening the amount of drivers that you'll have to worry about. K.I.S.S.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Also 2 10s is better than 3 8s.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

9. Back To Top    #9

Is it? I saw a few websites that recommended multiple 8"s over anything for me. (Considering I don't typically listen to bass-heavy music. 2000s heavy rock, emo shit, and pop. Occasionally rap.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentDictator View Post
    Also 2 10s is better than 3 8s.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestPump View Post
    Is it? I saw a few websites that recommended multiple 8"s over anything for me. (Considering I don't typically listen to bass-heavy music. 2000s heavy rock, emo shit, and pop. Occasionally rap.
    It's like the pizza question. Do you get more pizza with 2 mediums or 1 large? The answer is usually 1 large. Two 10's have more surface area than three 8's and will probably costs less.