Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning for below the dummy level

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Tuning for below the dummy level

I'm sorry I meant to say an EQ with 2 DSPs? I'm thinking about doing that.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Original wis View Post
    I'm sorry I meant to say an EQ with 2 DSPs? I'm thinking about doing that.

most processors have eq and unless you just can't find a dsp with enough channels use 1. Pick out random build logs and see how many you find with multiple processors

3. Back To Top    #13

The EQ is for when I'm driving and I want to boost or lower a frequency on all speakers at once. For like, if a cymbal is too loud but everything else is ok. I can reduce that immediately and turn it back up on the next one.

4. Back To Top    #14

You're right though I got a bunch of info about latency compensation and some other things that make sense. So I'm gonna run the DSP for the front stage and use the EQ for the rear fill and subwoofer.

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Original wis View Post
    The EQ is for when I'm driving and I want to boost or lower a frequency on all speakers at once. For like, if a cymbal is too loud but everything else is ok. I can reduce that immediately and turn it back up on the next one.
    If tuned correctly you won’t get instruments that jump out, and as to your question about two dsps, you’re asking very basic questions and trying to understand stuff, why are you insisting on throwing more than 8 channels and a two way with widebands or three way front and a sub into the mix

you're just adding more crap to more crap and not going to understand any one part, keep it simple for your first system with dsp, stop trying to do something most tuners wouldn’t even consider, it will sound junk!!

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

I truly don't see an upside to your plan. Most dsp units have at least the option for a controller with presets.

downsides:
    tuning while driving is bad, don't do it
    adding extra components to signal chain is an invitation for noise
    extra cost and complexity (have you priced processors?)

Start with 1 good processor, then evaluate, my $.02...

7. Back To Top    #17

You're right I actually thought about it and what I'm going to do is install my system the way that I originally intended and add the DSP to it so that I can learn the complexities of it in real time. I'll graph the responses, take screenshots, do all the work and I'll post it.

That way if it does sound like ass can say I told you so we're all laugh about it and I'll go back and learn how to fix it.

I think that sounding like ass is the worst case scenario and that can pretty much be fixed. And I think it'll be an awesome learning experience to clean up my own mess.