Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: 1999 Chevrolet Blazer

Got the outer panels of my front doors done. Using AT 80mil for the doors, I have 60mil for everything else. I did as much of the panel as I could reach.

Also made covers for the bigger holes on the bottom out of sheet metal. Covered both sides with deadener.

Wanted to do more, but my body is just not having it. Got food poisoning from a couple eggs I cooked here this morning and threw up a couple times and have been on the toilet all day. No es bueno. I'm gonna try to get back out there tomorrow while the weather is decent.
    Build log: 2011 Chevrolet Impala
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370
    Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII & 2400XII

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

2. Back To Top    #22

More work on the front doors. First screwed on that piece of sheet metal covering the large hole:

Then ran the wire through the stock boot and fished it through a hole that was already there:

Then cleaned and deadened the rest of the door. After that was done, then mounted on the speaker baffle:

Threw the mids in there:

And wired them into the stock HU, just to get some music back in there:

So almost done. Need to make sheet metal covers for the holes that are left, but there are going to be some holes that I can't cover, like around the window assembly. Then I need to work the door panel, cut out around the speaker baffle and try to make that pretty. Done for today, it's time for steak and fireworks.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

3. Back To Top    #23

Cut some more sheet metal, and got the last two holes covered as much as I could. There's still a couple holes left, but there's not a whole lot I can do about them. These are finished.

Got the grills cut off the panel. Just need to cut the hole on the panel so the speaker baffle will fit through, then make some sort of raised grill to cover the speaker. I'll attach it to the door panel. I'm open to ideas on this.

Worked a little on my tailgate too. I'm sure I'll be revisiting this after the subs are in, but this is fine for now. It's hot as shit outside, I just wanted to get it done.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

4. Back To Top    #24

Got my alternator back from DC Power today. I had this alt on my last car, and I sent it back to them to get recased for this vehicle. They recase for $150 (I got a bit cheaper, they do military discounts ). My, and others, only complaint about DC was the wait times. Well, I got this done really quick. I shipped it to them, and they received it on the 25th. They called me on Monday, the 1st, and told me it was ready. I paid, and they shipped and I got tracking that night. Received it tonight, the 5th. So either this was fast because it was only a recase, and it does actually take the couple months people normally wait to build a whole new one, or they have finally caught up on orders. Either way I'm happy. Now for pics!

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

5. Back To Top    #25

Threw some deadener on both my rear doors. Might come back later and cover the holes with sheet metal, but it's fine for now:

Tried to take everything off to get the headliner off too. Got all the oh shit handles off, visor, that gay roof-mounted console, and couldn't get the headliner out because I don't have the tools to get the seatbelt bolts off, which hold on side panels, which hold up the headliner. So this is all I got done:

So, bought a T47 torx bit, and tried to take my seatbelt bolts out. Here is what happened:

This POS just crumbled after a couple turns.

Had an interview and open house with Guide Dogs of Texas tonight too. Going to volunteer with them, work at the kennel and run a couple booths, and board a dog at my place on the weekends. They mentioned a couple things about their network and getting that set up, so might be getting involved in that too. They have a pretty good program down there.

Anyway, stopped at Sears on the way home, here's the replacement:

Worked my seatbelt bolts out, popped off a couple panels, and got the headliner out:

Deadener and foam will hopefully happen tomorrow. Bought Great Stuff to put under those braces so the roof doesn't slap against it. This is gonna be a bitch to put back in by myself.

Also, don't flock anything! Or atleast, use real good materials. Here's what mine now look like:

Apparently the oils on my fingers from putting it in (and I mean the natural oils, my hands weren't dirty) made the flock material and/or glue discolor. Might just spray over them with something.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

6. Back To Top    #26

Got out of work early today, got some work done on the roof. Got two sheets of deadener on each section, a little more on the front section. Also added foam (Great Stuff) in between the roof braces and the roof, so that they didn't smack against each other. Worked really well, I would highly suggest that for anyone have a problem with their roof.

Put the headliner and all panels back on, was actually much easier than I expected. Was actually easier than taking it out, which makes no sense.

Got some goodies in the mail too:

Went to Sears as well, need some terminals if anyone has any:

These will be used for all my wiring. Love these things:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

7. Back To Top    #27

Wrapped!

Got some wiring done:

Dem switches:

And just a peek at what it will look like in the vehicle:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

8. Back To Top    #28

Got this piece done. This will go where the stock tape player was:

Two USB ports for my 80PRS, a PAC LC-1 for the sub amp, and a voltage meter/ammeter. The dremel slipped when I was cutting the lower USB port, so I had to shift the whole block over, pisses me off. But, I think it still turned out ok.

This is where it will go, once I remove the tape player:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

9. Back To Top    #29

got SHCA wire from Jim this week, 50ft. of OFC. Also got this loom:

Gave in and bought a torch and vice so I can solder everything:

Actually, this was my first time soldering these big lugs. I won't not solder again. Fuck that crimper! Lol.

Cut my front to rear runs of wire. I measured with rope and gave myself extra, so I'm just praying I have enough once I actually get it in the car. Shouldn't have done it this way, but I am bored. Put the loom on, soldered on one side of terminals:

Also found the best spot ever for my ground:

Aaaaaaand just a picture for fun:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

10. Back To Top    #30

Got my Vampire Wires RCA's. These will be used from HU to PAC LC-1:

Took out the tape player and got this in:

Haven't done a whole lot, due to the heat around here and being a bit busy. Waiting on cash flow too so I can get my rear batts, bus bars, and sub box wood. But I'm putting in the HU this weekend, so I'll be without music for a couple weeks. I'm ok with it, I want this shit done.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370