Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSP

1. Back To Top    #11
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: DSP

Quote Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
    I'm 4hrs from Phoenix.

Worth it! I would even let you crash in my spare bedroom if I had one but I don't.

If that's a bit too far to travel, there are some REALLY good people in socal that can help you too. The guy in your other thread (nadams) is much more connected to the audio community in socal than I am. You should absolutely join the Facebook group he mentions. That it exactly the resource you will want to learn from. Please believe me, I used to be a part of that before I moved out of state.

Also, take his advice and go to one of the competitions. Do not plan to compete, but get the name of somebody who will be there so they can welcome you and show you all the things. It's a perfect place to meet like minded people and find someone to learn from!

Ask nadams to introduce you to someone will be at the event so you have someone to meet there when you arrive.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2022 Camaro ZL1 (MANUAL)

You move to Northridge?
    Or has you signature always said that and I didn't notice?

3. Back To Top    #13

You move to Northridge?
    Or has you signature always said that and I didn't notice?
    Yes I moved to Northridge about 6 months ago. I try to keep the signature updated
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2022 Camaro ZL1 (MANUAL)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    Yes I moved to Northridge about 6 months ago. I try to keep the signature updated
    Northridge is about half the distance from me that PHX, would you still be down to help me out/meet up listen and give me your thoughts? Id love to hear a proper system.

5. Back To Top    #15

Northridge is about half the distance from me that PHX, would you still be down to help me out/meet up listen and give me your thoughts? Id love to hear a proper system.
    Always! However, the woofer in my door needs replacing so it might not be worth the drive just yet. Send me a pm with your info and we'll see about meeting.
    Do it for them.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    2022 Camaro ZL1 (MANUAL)

Mission accomplished

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    2022 Camaro ZL1 (MANUAL)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
    A DSP is not just for competition or showing off. And it is MOST DEFINITELY worth it, especially if you love audio. A well tuned system can make listening to any type of music dramatically more enjoyable. I would highly suggest getting a demo from someone that has even a basic DSP tune. Depending on where you’re located I will volunteer my car (I’m in central PA).

Imagine putting your favorite song, album, artist, etc. on and hearing the individual instruments placed on your dashboard and the lead singer right there, front & center like it’s a personal concert JUST for you. The guitar on one side, the bass on the other, the singer in the center and the drummer out on the hood with the thump of the kick drum on the hood as well. It’s mind blowing when it’s done right. And even if you have a favorite genre that you wouldn’t think would benefit from that, you’d be wrong. I listen to all types of music, even rap and EDM. To hear the bass sound like it’s going to shake the dash apart even with the sub in the rear is awesome.
    If you don't already, you might want to consider selling DSPs, I think you would be a millionaire!

8. Back To Top    #18

3rd car 3rd dsp definitely worth it. Good dsp has a lot of adjustments 30 band eq, parametric adjustments, crossover points for each channel, time alignment, phase correction. Real time analyzer. With the right person tuning it you get the most out of every piece of equipment in the system. It won't make a $100 pair of speakers sound like $1000 but it will allow you to get the most out of whatever you have.