Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Mid bass eq settings

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Mid bass eq settings

    1- I listen to Rick/metalClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220804-072226.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	17638
    2 the system produces more than enough vocals and I think it is missing some mid bass.
    How would you set your eq to at least partially help fix this problem?
    My sub is responsive up to 240hz.

    2022 Camaro ZL1

    KICKER 47KSC6504 6.5 Inch passenger pannel
    REF-9632IX 6x9- rear deck
    REF component 6x9 front door
    AudioControl LC-6.1200
    Rockford fosgate 500x1d (2 10s)
    Rockford Fosgate Prime R2-2X10

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Noob Jdunk54nl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Location
    Phoenix
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited
    Posts
    929
    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Re: Mid bass eq settings

    It isn't just one "fix" it is the blend between all of the frequencies that makes everything seem like it is just the right amount.

    Google Audiofrog tuning guide, read it, get a measurement microphone (dayton, minidsp, audiofrog, etc), and get to tuning the system as a whole.

    This is my personal EQ curve that I like

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REW everything with house curves.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	280.5 KB 
ID:	17639
    2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> Peerless SLS 6.5", SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Mid bass eq settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    It isn't just one "fix" it is the blend between all of the frequencies that makes everything seem like it is just the right amount.

    Google Audiofrog tuning guide, read it, get a measurement microphone (dayton, minidsp, audiofrog, etc), and get to tuning the system as a whole.

    This is my personal EQ curve that I like

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	REW everything with house curves.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	280.5 KB 
ID:	17639

    That looks like a sh*t show!
    Lol jk

    The only thing I have right now is the eq on my Amazon app and the settings on my LC-6.1200.
    Still trying to decide if a dsp is worth it or not. I've already gone way beyond my initial budget thanks up having to go to multiple shops.

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Re: Mid bass eq settings

    Quote Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
    1- I listen to Rick/metalClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220804-072226.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	17638
    2 the system produces more than enough vocals and I think it is missing some mid bass.
    How would you set your eq to at least partially help fix this problem?
    My sub is responsive up to 240hz.

    2022 Camaro ZL1

    KICKER 47KSC6504 6.5 Inch passenger pannel
    REF-9632IX 6x9- rear deck
    REF component 6x9 front door
    AudioControl LC-6.1200
    Rockford fosgate 500x1d (2 10s)
    Rockford Fosgate Prime R2-2X10
    Midbass punch is mostly between 80 Hz and 180 Hz, while dedicated midbass speakers usually play 80-300 Hz and sometimes a bit higher. Your EQ in that picture seems to skip the important part. Use a different EQ that covers the important stuff.

  5. Back To Top    #5

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Noob swrocket's Avatar
    Location
    Vaughan, ON
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS
    Posts
    51
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Re: Mid bass eq settings

    Is the car equipped with a Bose system? How are you integrating into the OEM headunit?

    As a 6th Gen Camaro owner I can tell you that the car has deep cancellations in the 110Hz area even with the doors deadened and sealed as well as a very deep cancellation at 67Hz on the driver side MB.
    The passenger side MB has a deep dip around 450Hz as well (probably from the console)
    You really need to measure the individual response of the drivers and you need at least 10 bands of eq per MB driver to overcome some of these issues...If this is a 2-way with tweeters in the dash then the tweeters probably don't require a ton of eq, but they will need to be attenuated.

  7. Back To Top    #7
    Noob swrocket's Avatar
    Location
    Vaughan, ON
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS
    Posts
    51
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Re: Mid bass eq settings

    Here are my measurements with only crossovers and no EQ at all. (Audiofrog GB60, GB25 and SEAS Tweeter with a JL 12W6V3 sub in a stealth enclosure)
    The tweeters are in pods on the a-pillar and are cut 8db for driver side and 5db for passenger side

    Acoustic XO targets are 80-300-2600 LR4 that will be tuned to a JBL curve modified with a bit of extra bass.

    Electrical Crossovers (set in the dsp):

    Sub 70Hz LR2 LP
    Driver MB 70Hz LR4 HP and 300Hz LR4 LP
    Pass MB 70Hz LR4 HP and 350Hz LR4 LP
    Driver MR 300Hz LR4 HP and 2600Hz LR4 LP
    Pass MR 350Hz LR4 HP and 2600Hz LR4 LP
    Tweeters 2600Hz LR4 HP

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XO Measurements.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	17671

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Noob Jdunk54nl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Location
    Phoenix
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited
    Posts
    929
    Join Date
    Oct 2019

    Re: Mid bass eq settings

    Quote Originally Posted by swrocket View Post
    Here are my measurements with only crossovers and no EQ at all. (Audiofrog GB60, GB25 and SEAS Tweeter with a JL 12W6V3 sub in a stealth enclosure)
    The tweeters are in pods on the a-pillar and are cut 8db for driver side and 5db for passenger side

    Acoustic XO targets are 80-300-2600 LR4 that will be tuned to a JBL curve modified with a bit of extra bass.

    Electrical Crossovers (set in the dsp):

    Sub 70Hz LR2 LP
    Driver MB 70Hz LR4 HP and 300Hz LR4 LP
    Pass MB 70Hz LR4 HP and 350Hz LR4 LP
    Driver MR 300Hz LR4 HP and 2600Hz LR4 LP
    Pass MR 350Hz LR4 HP and 2600Hz LR4 LP
    Tweeters 2600Hz LR4 HP

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XO Measurements.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	17671
    Looks good overall. Need to bump down that midbass a little (or bump up everything else). I would also see if you raise your sub level and bump down that wide q peak to get down to 20hz response how that would sound. Or just bump up below ~25hz and level those peaks with that bump.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Factory HU programmed for 4v outputs -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> Peerless SLS 6.5", SI M3 in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

  9. Back To Top    #9
    Noob swrocket's Avatar
    Location
    Vaughan, ON
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS
    Posts
    51
    Join Date
    Aug 2020

    Re: Mid bass eq settings

    Absolutely! I still have tons of work to do, those were just crossovers with NO EQ at all. Here is the front stage after one EQ session

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EQ1 Measurements.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	17672

    I posted these so the OP can see the response issues in the Camaro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back To Top