Thread: Few different issues....

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Few different issues....

I'll try to make this is a streamlined of a post as I can but it's a multi level question.

Not sure how many cared to take a look at my build log on the 2019 Avalon but it's pretty much at the point where i'm done building on it (until I seek out a professional at some point to undo all of my mess and properly implement things) and am now just trying to not have it sounding like crap as it does in its present incarnation.

Part 1: I believe that my friend who did the majority of the install (who is a veteran of the car audio world but has been out of it for some time but is active due to me and my revolving door of ideas, none groundbreaking but..) is mistaken with how the PAC Ampro is supposed to work. I believe that he ran the integration through the factory amplifier and it is causing an issue where when I have it turned up at a certain point the sound begins to cut. My severely uneducated thinking is that the input voltage is too much for the factory amp to handle so it's behaving like a temporary protection mode. I'm going to pull the front seat this weekend to try and ascertain if my suspicions are valid.

Part 2: I'm SEVERELY uneducated on how to really use my Helix DSP....I basically am starting from nothing and trying to fumble my way through to understand how I can best optimize the tool given that my install locations are far from ideal.

Part 3: My sub bass still sounds like dog s*it....I believe that the majority of it is because we ran out of time, patience and energy last weekend to fill in the side gaps and I may have to utilize plastic sheeting and expanding foam (not feeling confident about this) to try to seal off the front and back of the baffle from one another and then hopefully that will solve some things. Anyone have any advice or tips on how to go about this in the least destructive way possible?

I will likely update this as I go along.....but please, everyone chip in with ideas...I'm open to listen to all of what you have to say and try to implement it given my very low skill level.

I'll try to add some pics of things as well to give a proper picture of what I'm facing.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2016 Ford Escape SE & 2020 Nissan Rogue SV

Re: Few different issues....

Part 1: If you're using the AP4-TY13, it should only plug in one way.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

The pac amp pro usually has pretty specific plugs that it plugs into. Maybe one should have been left unplugged, but that is the only way it is installed "wrong". I know on the fords, if you are still using the factory amp to power speakers, you have to have it plugged in one way, if you are using an aftermarket amp it plugs in slightly different to bypass the factory amp speaker outs.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    The pac amp pro usually has pretty specific plugs that it plugs into. Maybe one should have been left unplugged, but that is the only way it is installed "wrong". I know on the fords, if you are still using the factory amp to power speakers, you have to have it plugged in one way, if you are using an aftermarket amp it plugs in slightly different to bypass the factory amp speaker outs.
    Thank you, I'm going to take a look at everything tomorrow
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall