Thread: Help with cutting hole in door panel for 3.5 in speaker

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with cutting hole in door panel for 3.5 in speaker

I need a little advice on where to place a 3.5 inch speaker in my door. Please take a look at the pictures that I uploaded.

The speaker is the Hertz DCX 87.3 3.5 in speaker it needs 1.3 in of clearance behind the speaker and a quarter inch clearance in front of the speaker.

The pictures are of the car door and the locations that the speaker can be placed. Three are of the door panel and one is the picture of the door frame with the location of the door equipment.

So I think that 1 is going to be the best place to place the speaker from a sound stage standpoint however the issue is that the door mechanism is immediately behind it. I'm not sure how to measure the clearance between the door panel and the actual door so that I can find out for sure before I make the cut.

Number two and three are also possible locations. Three is the one that lacks a numeral beside it. There is definitely enough door clearance to mount the speaker in either place but location too doesn't seem optimal because it is really close to the side of the passenger and I don't want bodies blocking the sound. Three is definitely possible as well however it is going to be blocked by the seat and possibly the knee or leg of the passenger.

I searched for 3.5 in speaker parts so that I could Mount them to the kick panel but I haven't been able to find any.

I'd appreciate any input or expert advice that anyone can help with.

Thank you,

Lewis King
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220712_131701.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	17578   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220712_132026.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	17579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220712_132104.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	17580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220712_132125.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	17581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220712-134310_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	17582  

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with cutting hole in door panel for 3.5 in speaker

Thanks I figured it out. Going to use custom pods keep the doors intact