Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Left and right summation is off from target curve. Adjust Jazzis curve? Raise? Lower?

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Left and right summation is off from target curve. Adjust Jazzis curve? Raise? Lo

Hmm, Maybe i misunderstood the conversation. I was thinking about summing drivers on each channel to get a flat response not summing L+R.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: Left and right summation is off from target curve. Adjust Jazzis curve? Raise? Lo

I think you're right. Both concepts are related here in this conversation especially.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    2021 Camaro 2SS

I also have a single mono sub (summed in the Helix left+right @50% each) and for the longest time I used to just cut the sub channel by ~6db and tune each side to the curve. This works, but I found that I have better results just tuning the MB, MR and TW on each side to the curve (set in REW as speaker driver xxHP to None,) tuning the sub to it's desired curve and then measure the summed response of the front and adjusting sub level to to match the front.

The summing of the two sides exhibits the same summing issues OP mentioned, and always has. I actually just tried a tune where I added EQ to the summed MR to get it to match the curve and raised the TW ~2.5DB and got the total response to match the curve, but it sounds terrible for me lol.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Peter
    Vehicle
    Ford Mustang GT Premium

Quote Originally Posted by swrocket View Post
    The summing of the two sides exhibits the same summing issues OP mentioned, and always has. I actually just tried a tune where I added EQ to the summed MR to get it to match the curve and raised the TW ~2.5DB and got the total response to match the curve, but it sounds terrible for me lol.
    Sure it sounds terrible, as you're basically pushing the tweeters 2.5 dB above the desired target curve.
    Just use the Jazzis curves for each side and not for combined left/right response.

I don't think the spreadsheet can be altered anyway to account for this as every different car will be different and have another frequency where you start to see less than 6dB summation due to different distances between drivers (need to be less than half a wavelength apart in distance to always get 6dB summation. If you cross mids to tweeters at 3kHz you need < 5.5cm distance between drivers centers).
    SYNC3 headunit
    Mosconi Pico 8/10 DSP
    Mosconi D2 500.1
    Gladen Zero Pro 165.3 DC
    JL Audio 10w3v3 in custom enclosure (Blueprint by Mark @Caraudiofabrication)