Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IASCA SQC

1. IASCA SQC

My build is progressing and I'm thinking about going to SVR if I can finish up. I haven't competed myself since SBN in 2004 and the rules are very different.
    If I'm only doing SQC:
    1. Do I need a photo log to show all mounting and terminations?
    2. Do I do a presentation of the system for the SQ judge.
    3. From reading the rules It seems I have to at least show the fuse locations and equipment near drivers seat?
    4. Are there any difference in MECA judging procedure?

Any insight is appreciated!
    Bill

2. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Re: IASCA SQC

I'm really looking forward to SVR this year. I'm hoping to have my trunk done before then so I can have Al and some other guys take a listen...I'll have to figure out if I'm going to stay longer than I did last year to catch some of you guys after competition concludes for the day.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

3. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2021 Mitsubishi Mirage G4

I told and old grind I was going and he sent me this pic from 04 SVR I think. He had the Neon, you can barely see my Legend (r.i.p) in the back. That was my last comp.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220616_070252.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	17470

4. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Oof....that legend was my dream car when I was around 13-17....between that and a '96 Impala. It was the drug dealer's car of choice in the mid 90s down in southside VA. I used to see a champagne gold sedan with the gold trim package and limo tint driving around my hometown all the time...never saw the guy (or girl) but I do remember that he had a mean sounding system in it.

What did you have in that build?

Quote Originally Posted by Impossible Bill View Post
    I told and old grind I was going and he sent me this pic from 04 SVR I think. He had the Neon, you can barely see my Legend (r.i.p) in the back. That was my last comp.

Name:	IMG_20220616_070252.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	17470

5. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle

That build was an accident really. I loved driving that car and would drive to shows all over the east coast with our group of customers. Local shows never had enough competitors so I started entering with the stick Bose system. Most shows it wasn't even judged because they didn't have a copy of the official iasca cassette. I wind up winning my zone and some trips and manufacturers started asking if I was competing at finals and what equipment I was running.
    We said screw it and threw a system together.
    P9 setup, IDMax 12's IB, Utopias in the kicks, powered by Zapco 4.0 and 9.0.
    Focals were given to me at the hotel the day before finals. Had about an hour of tuning just before judging, center was 4" off from pass seat and I knew subs could blend better. Got 2nd to the Focal Euro champ by .6 points.
    Won SBN and SVR then it was totaled along with a customers car when a dodge pickup lost control and demolished it while parked. Pushed into the other car and totaled that too. Only equipment that survived was the Amps and DVD changer.
    Look for Legends every now and then but want the 94-95 champagne edition with Acura Hammers and a 6 speed. Found 1 that was pristine but the woman wouldn't sell.

6. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Just the Factory Tint for now. I just lifted it two inches with Flatout-coilovers and added a trailor mount spare tire holder. New wheels and Tires too.

7. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle

Oh well, I wont tell if you won't, look forward to listening.

8. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

That sounds pretty awesome and a hell of a story. Hell of a placement for something that you had little to no time to truly dial in. Shame what happened to it.....I had a period in about 2005 when I was seriously looking at a few Legends in the Richmond area but couldn't make myself pull the trigger. Marriage and the potential for children put the brakes on that....in hindsight given how things went...I should have just bought that and the damn Impala lol. Thanks for sharing the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Impossible Bill View Post
    That build was an accident really. I loved driving that car and would drive to shows all over the east coast with our group of customers. Local shows never had enough competitors so I started entering with the stick Bose system. Most shows it wasn't even judged because they didn't have a copy of the official iasca cassette. I wind up winning my zone and some trips and manufacturers started asking if I was competing at finals and what equipment I was running.
    We said screw it and threw a system together.
    P9 setup, IDMax 12's IB, Utopias in the kicks, powered by Zapco 4.0 and 9.0.
    Focals were given to me at the hotel the day before finals. Had about an hour of tuning just before judging, center was 4" off from pass seat and I knew subs could blend better. Got 2nd to the Focal Euro champ by .6 points.
    Won SBN and SVR then it was totaled along with a customers car when a dodge pickup lost control and demolished it while parked. Pushed into the other car and totaled that too. Only equipment that survived was the Amps and DVD changer.
    Look for Legends every now and then but want the 94-95 champagne edition with Acura Hammers and a 6 speed. Found 1 that was pristine but the woman wouldn't sell.

9. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle

At that time I had a 4 year old so I told my wife I'd replace it with a 4 door. I bought the Evo to fill that obligation and have some fun. My youngest are 15 now but I still have this in the back seat. My wife Hates the Evo and lived the Legend so I have a green light to switch back now.

Name:	20220621_143642_HDR.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	17471