Thread: Car likely getting totaled, audio equipment?

1. Back To Top    #1

Car likely getting totaled, audio equipment?

So the massive storm in Chicago yesterday did a number on my car, and it is very likely going to get totaled out. Having never gone through this before, do you guys pull all of your audio gear from the car? I have a Kenwood DDX9906XR HU, MMATS 6150, and Helix DSP that are of value. The sub amp and speakers are cheaper and not really a big deal. My insurance policy does cover the custom audio equipment, but I am not sure how well they actually cover the value or if you end up losing more.
    2014 Honda Accord LX
    JL Audio C2-650, Pioneer 12" Shallow Sub
    MMATS HiFi 6150, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D, Helix DSP Pro MK1

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Re: Car likely getting totaled, audio equipment?

Pull it out before they get the car.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

The value of the car is not dependent on the audio equipment. I can’t say about your particular policy but mine just covers the equipment in the case of theft. If you don’t get your gear out before the insurance company takes possession of the car, EVERYTHING in the car becomes theirs once they take the car & issue you the check. I would just take it ALL out. Anything you don’t want to keep can get sold off for some $$$ rather than have some shmoe at a salvage yard get it for free.

4. Back To Top    #4

Awesome, thank you. I know my policy does cover the audio equipment, but I think it is the same as yours with regards to theft.
    2014 Honda Accord LX
    JL Audio C2-650, Pioneer 12" Shallow Sub
    MMATS HiFi 6150, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D, Helix DSP Pro MK1

5. Back To Top    #5

you already got it covered, but a stereo is just a checkybox for the insurance co. has it or it doesn't, and doesn't change a dime of what they pay you.

You gotta pull out all the aftermarket if you want to keep that investment. you won't get paid for it. All the OEM stuff you kept in a bin in the garage, toss it in the trunk or wherever so it's there for the junker to re-sell.

Once they have the car, you don't get access to it. So you do it asap before the official turn in.