Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limited v.2

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    2021 Mitsubishi Mirage G4

Re: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limited v.2

Sound deadening is never a bad idea. You have the time so the only other variable is if it works in your budget (if there is one) I've fully gutted and covered cars before to make sure there wouldn't be any unwanted resonance. In my current build I didn't do any yet, I'm going to deaden after the system is done depending on what's left in the budget.
    If there aren't any constraints go for it. I never heard someone say the have too much sound deadening.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Definitely have the time....definitely have a budget lol...I'm willing to scratch some money together if it will help. thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Impossible Bill View Post
    Sound deadening is never a bad idea. You have the time so the only other variable is if it works in your budget (if there is one) I've fully gutted and covered cars before to make sure there wouldn't be any unwanted resonance. In my current build I didn't do any yet, I'm going to deaden after the system is done depending on what's left in the budget.
    If there aren't any constraints go for it. I never heard someone say the have too much sound deadening.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

3. Back To Top    #23
    Vehicle
    2021 Mitsubishi Mirage G4

Lucky you. My wife may have encouraged me to build the system because of all the driving I've been doing but there were definitely strings attached.
    No dictatorship in this house. I'm happy to accept any cut away scraps, I am putting a system in a recycled tin can from Thailand after all ��

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Lol...well it's a bit of a monarchy in my world...my only limit IS budget. If I had an unlimited budget I would be going nuts on equipment and more importantly would have either Musaic or Apicella on the build. He's well out of my price range so...I'm left tackling the planning and some of the install on my own...hence why this is version 2 lol. So. many. mistakes. the first time around. Just trying to get it right, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Impossible Bill View Post
    Lucky you. My wife may have encouraged me to build the system because of all the driving I've been doing but there were definitely strings attached.
    No dictatorship in this house. I'm happy to accept any cut away scraps, I am putting a system in a recycled tin can from Thailand after all ��

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Potential update: Currently moving away from the SI amp due to not having remote sub control available with this particular amp. I have no plans to buy a director for the Helix either so I'm in the process of trying to sell the SI as well as the Sundown to try and fund the purchase of a Mosconi Zero 1 or Zero 3 if I can find one from a trusted seller.

This holiday weekend I plan to do more deadening in my doors and the build is tentatively scheduled for about 3 weeks from now so it's trending towards being ready for the drive to SVR the following weekend and to Naiku's meet in September.

Wish me luck. If you know any reputable Mosconi resellers or anything like that let me know.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1825.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	17556

Name:	1790.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	17557

Name:	1788.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	17558

7. Back To Top    #27

you figure out if the driver's blown?

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Yeah, luckily it was not blown. It's something else going on...can't figure out exactly what...I'm hoping it was something in one of the amps I removed and it has self corrected. I won't know until I hook up all of this new stuff and see if it persists....if that's the case then we are back to working from the source point back to the DSP. Let's hope it's nothing crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    you figure out if the driver's blown?

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Posting 2 pics of the nearly finished product...needs some TLC and a lot of seat time for tuning but here you go

Name:	20220726_080937.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	17620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220726_080932.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	304.1 KB 
ID:	17621

Looks great. Sounds like dog s*it.

I have a lot of work to do to get the sound right and finish up the rest of the build (Still need to fill in the sides to better isolate the waves) it's hard to tell from the pic but it's not completely done. Also have to clean up the wiring underneath which isn't my strong suit but I"m going to give it my best shot this weekend in the morning. My friend and I attacked this in oppressive east coast heat for a combined 22 hours of non stop work...pure madness on our parts and I've likely lost years off of my life from doing this. I spent all of yesterday recovering and still don't feel "right"....hope to make it worth it in the end.

If anyone in the DMV area is willing to give me a hand with the last piece of things or offer pointers as well as walk me through tuning and some questions I have I would appreciate it beyond measure. I really want this to work and feel like I'm very close to achieving what I'm chasing.

Thanks for following this guys, I'll take a few more pics as I continue to get things sorted out.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Looks good!