Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limited v.2

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Re: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limited v.2

ohhh lucky you....you'll (continue to) love your Avalon...I know I am loving mine.
    My friend actually fabbed up the adapter for the door woofers when he was putting the system together for me....you may be able to dodge some of the headaches we faced going with the non-JBL setup.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmash View Post
    I've got a 2022 Avalon, but I have the basic audio system. I'm keeping track of this thread for sure. Also, who'd you get the adapter from to fit the 8" in the door?
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

2. Back To Top    #12

When you were putting the 8's in the doors, did you happen to measure how much depth there is? I'd like to put Stevens Audio MB8's in the doors if possible. Mounting depth is 3.5" for it.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

I didn't retain the measurements when I took them a few years ago but I can tell you that you should be fine. I imagine we'll be able to put upwards of a 4.5" depth speaker in the door without too much concern. The window mechanism doesn't drop down anywhere near the speaker which is excellent

When you were putting the 8's in the doors, did you happen to measure how much depth there is? I'd like to put Stevens Audio MB8's in the doors if possible. Mounting depth is 3.5" for it.

4. Back To Top    #14

Thanks again. I thought I'd read similar somewhere that there was around 5" of depth available, but I couldn't find where I found it...should have bookmarked it.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

No problem man....seems like we 5th(? maybe 6th) gen Avalon owners are a rare breed out here. We are heading into the unknown by being the few who are looking to modify it. It has certainly been a learning experience. I like to think that this platform has a load of potential in the right hands.

That being said, I'm curious as to what you're planning with your build beyond the Stevens drivers

Thanks again. I thought I'd read similar somewhere that there was around 5" of depth available, but I couldn't find where I found it...should have bookmarked it.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

So....the stars of this part of the show are here now.

(2)TC Sounds T-1000:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	17416Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tc2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	17417

So after my RCAs are constructed, I will be getting started on building the trunk baffle and amp rack.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Those look sexy

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Indeed. Can't wait to see those cones staring out when you open the trunk....will be a nice surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Those look sexy

9. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by BenevolentDictator View Post
    No problem man....seems like we 5th(? maybe 6th) gen Avalon owners are a rare breed out here. We are heading into the unknown by being the few who are looking to modify it. It has certainly been a learning experience. I like to think that this platform has a load of potential in the right hands.

That being said, I'm curious as to what you're planning with your build beyond the Stevens drivers
    I've always had an itch to use HLCD's. I'm thinking of using a pair of Stevens HLCD's and the MB8's along with a pair of Acoustic Elegance SBP15's IB. I'll probably add a component set in the rear doors since my kids will sometimes be back there. I'll have a few different tunings (plan to anyway) so I can swap back and forth depending on who's in the car. I'm still trying to fully work out how to integrate it all since I plan on keeping the factory headunit for now...but it sounds like that may be a huge headache. Initially thought I'd just use a tee harness feeding a DSP to clean up the signals and route it...sounds like there's some all pass filters and other EQ'ing going on that may take more investigation. I planned on doing something similar to what you wrote with the DAP. That way I could swap between the sources. I'll start a build log eventually...

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

As we inch closer to 2.0's install....I'm trying to figure out the ways that I can further improve upon my car until that fateful day arrives. I currently have about 65-70% coverage in my trunk and have been thinking if I should take it further.

I've been looking at buying some more CCF and MLV to fully cover the floor of my trunk and spare tire well (along with the cavities on the side)...is this a waste of my time?

I'm also trying to figure out should I add Black Hole tiles to my doors along with the CLD I already have applied or should I just go the full beans and do the Soundskins Pro tri layer deadener and try to get close to full coverage on my outer door skin and anything left over apply to my inner door skin.

Lastly, I'm curious for the folks who have done this, how much difference did you hear in your respective cars from when you did not have deadener applied to your vehicle floor vs if you did a full application from front to back?

I'm looking at about another 3 weeks of waiting..maybe less if I can work it out but in the meantime between time I'd like any insight into what I can do to aid in this sounding as well as it can sound.