Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limited v.2

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

2019 Toyota Avalon Limited v.2

Hello again all, this build log will be far less frenetic and ideally less annoying. Decisions have already been made on equipment and some things are already in place avoiding the need to be dragged into the minutiae of detail.

Timeline goal for this setup is to be completed by the middle of the summer with the time following purely dedicated to tuning, enjoyment and the continued improvement of sound.

Currently my setup consists of:
    Factory Headunit (JBL oem)
    Pac Ampro integration with Toslink adapter running optical
    Helix DSP Pro Mk. 2 (from Al)
    Scanspeak D3004 Ring Radiator tweeters
    Stereo Integrity M3 Carbon midranges
    Audio Development w800 neo
    KnuKonceptz 10 gauge wire throughout.
    3 runs of 1/0 welding cable
    Interstate AGM battery
    Singer 270 alternator
    Big 4 upgrade
    SMD 4 port fuse block
    Resonix CLD squares throughout the vehicle

and I believe that's about it for right now.

Future plans include:
    Installation of MLV on the front doors along with stuffing of door cavities with plastic wrapped Roxul/Rockwool
    Pulling the floor carpet up and cleaning the floor of the car followed by (Nick Adams' fantastic phrasing) "layering lasagna" to aid in the already impressive factory sound insulation.
    Infinite baffle with 2 18s
    Rebuilding my current false floor setup in the trunk to allow for a hinged section to access the planned....
    Spare tire amp rack
    Push/ pull fan system
    A pair of Stinger 9000 series 2 channel RCAs to replace damaged KnuKonceptz RCAs

I'm replacing all of my amplifiers that were in my last setup (SI 200.2, Sundown Salt 4 and Zapco 150.6 SP)

Future purchases include
    The aforementioned Stinger RCAs
    (2) Dayton Ultimax 18s *rationale; price is ideal in the event of failure, Impressive subs for the price and I have had an opportunity to hear them multiple times in different scenarios and have always been impressed*
    Ground Zero Uranium 6.200 (purchased) *rationale; slimmer profile, lighter amp, backs down the power to the tweets and mids to tame some of the harshness (hopefully) that I experienced the first time around*
    Sundown Audio Salt-200.4 *rationale; works well in low voltage situations in case they arise... bridged 4 ohm power is 700 x 2 which is pretty much more than I need for the setup I'm hoping to create*
    Black Hole tiles for the doors
    Mesh to cover my vents in the side wall of my trunk to try and combat the flapping noise that comes from the pressure release they provide.

I made a lot of mistakes with my first install. This go round I'm hoping to learn from those and create a solid system that I can finally enjoy.
    As always, the continued assistance of the members here is always welcome and needed.

Thanks for following this if you choose to.

A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 2019 Toyota Avalon Limited v.2

I can't wait to see where this new build goes

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Al told me I just missed out on meeting you at SVR last year. Looks like you are going to the NC Meet. I'm going for the first time this year. Would love to talk about your plans. See you there.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Yeah we kept orbiting around one another lol. I look forward to meeting you and talking about it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    Al told me I just missed out on meeting you at SVR last year. Looks like you are going to the NC Meet. I'm going for the first time this year. Would love to talk about your plans. See you there.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Received the Ground Zero Uranium yesterday. It's as pretty in person as I hoped it would be and legitimately dwarfed by my outgoing Zapco 150.6. I'm glad about this, it's probably 10 lbs. lighter as well. I'll upload a few pics later today when I get home.

Edit: photos

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220512_164045.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	17374Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220512_164055.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	17375
    Last edited by BenevolentDictator; 05-12-2022 at 03:56 PM.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Some changes to the design planning have occurred and I decided to go with 2 15s to start to attempt to maintain some semblance of DIY with this build and lessen how much outside help I'll need. I came across a great deal for some TC Sounds TC-1000 15s that will be loaded into a trunk baffle. I'll attach pics when they actually arrive next week. With this decision that allowed me to save some money and hold on to my Stereo Integrity 200.2 which I'll run at 2 ohms for about 430 watts x 2 to power them. I want to see how that feels for a while before I make a decision about feeding them more power and pursuing a different amp (Mosconi 200.4)

My rationale: Both of the amps I've chosen to either own or pursue as well as keeping the SI is that I like the direction that the inputs are facing for a cleaner install. I'm already sourcing Stinger 9000 2 channels as well as a 2 channel set of Stinger 8000s to keep the build looking clean and hopefully aid in how it sounds.

7. Back To Top    #7

(Nick Adams' fantastic phrasing) "layering lasagna"
    see also fuck shit stack - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQU22Ttpwc

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    Lol...that was crazy.

I'm glad you responded though...I have a question...what did you use to ensure that the mlv stayed bonded together as you laid the sheets down? I haven't bought it yet, nor have I worked with it so I'm under the assumption that this does not have adhesive backing to lay it down with

9. Back To Top    #9

i adhered the ccf to the mlv, but otherwise it floats

10. Back To Top    #10

I've got a 2022 Avalon, but I have the basic audio system. I'm keeping track of this thread for sure. Also, who'd you get the adapter from to fit the 8" in the door?