Thread: 09 chevy tahoe project

1. Back To Top    #1

09 chevy tahoe project

Hello all. I am currently starting to plan my Mids and Highs for my tahoe doors. I will be building my own custom fiberglass door panels. I am thinking of (2) 6.5" (1) 8" and (2) 3.5" in each door. And also some custom fiberglass pods for A pillars as well with some tweeters. I would love some help with suggestions for speakers and tweeters and amp as well..thank u

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Re: 09 chevy tahoe project

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing how your journey plays out. What are your goals and what is your budget for this system? That will help all of us have an idea of what direction you're trying to go in....trust me when I tell you as a still new guy to this that there are 1000 different ideas you can come up with...especially after seeing some of these guys' setups. Very inspiring. I will say...if you're going to be 'glassing your doors...you would be well served to look at the offerings from Madisound in the 8 inch woofer categories...some great things there to work with.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

I'd agree... 1"/3.5"/6.5"x2/8" seems a bit complicated for me for a front stage. Also subs in the rear?

I don't see the point of all that. If you're not doing subs in the back, I guess a true 8" sub in the door might make sense, but I don't know that adding a 3.5" in there does, to me.

I dunno, I'm waiting to hear more about the goals of the system.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

His goal is in his name