Thread: Adding subs and amp to JBL 2012 tundra CM

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding subs and amp to JBL 2012 tundra CM

Hello guys,

So I have a 2012 Toyota Tundra crewmax that has a JBL sound system with an 8" sub in the rear seat of the passenger in back.
    I think there is plenty of space there for a nice box to fit a couple of 12" or 10"s I don't really have the dimensions of what I could fit there with out loosing too much space in leg room for the passengers in the back since the rear seats do adjust back and forward.
    Can you guys help me out first finding out the best way to use the room I have back there using some leg room but not all.
    Once that's done help me choose a good set of 10"s 12"s to fit back there and then last a good amplifier to power them puppies. And finally a way to hook it up to the existing system. Should be able to get power out of the wires the hook up to the 8" subs that are there now but I've read something about JBL using a sound leveler to the lil amplifier that's there now and messing with the output for a new amplifier. Help 😁 thanks once again ✌️

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding subs and amp to JBL 2012 tundra CM

Don't really know this truck, so I'd imagine using the space of one factory 8 might be a stretch for a pair of 10 or twelves...and an amp. Maybe a quick Google check of installs on yer model could get you an idea of what's possible. I'd guess not losing much legroom would require shallow subs, with some decent offerings from several companies, shouldn't be too hard to come up with a reputable sub....as far as powering an aftermarket amp with factory amp wiring.....I don't believe that's a very good option, and feel a better choice would be to run yer own power wire, fused of course, to the battery.

3. Back To Top    #3

Here's a nice instal on one.....but not many details given....but shows what you can do....
    http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tun...stem-pics.html

4. Back To Top    #4

That right there looks clean. I might just go the route of those type Rs